Just Labradors banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
8,752 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have some friends who may be headed down to Hawaii later this year. He *may* be proposing to her on this trip! :D

Was wondering if you had any restaurant recommendations, food.. atmosphere? What are your faves?

Thanks, in advance! :)

·
Registered
2,113 Posts
henrysmom said:
I have some friends who may be headed down to Hawaii later this year. He *may* be proposing to her on this trip! :D

Was wondering if you had any restaurant recommendations, food.. atmosphere? What are your faves?

Thanks, in advance! :)
Not Zoesmom, but years ago, back when I was in college and visiting with my parents, I ate at a place called Hy's Steakhouse and it was delish! Perhaps Zoesmom can let us know if it is still any good.

·
Registered
5,187 Posts
Also not zoesmom but when we went my favorite restaurant was the Oceanarium at the Pacific Beach hotel in Waikiki.

The food was good but the highlight was the 3 story aquarium in the middle of the restaurant. Have your friend make reservations up close to the glass during feeding time. Ask the diver to carry a sign with his proposal (they do this for birthdays, anniversaries, etc). Very cool. Of course I'm a diver so an underwater proposal would have been the highlight of my life. ;D

Here is a link with a picture http://www.pacificbeachhotel.com/Content.aspx?path=/Dining/OceanariumRestaurant

·
Registered
16,472 Posts
^
great suggestions up there. For us, we try to stay out of Waikiki so we normally go to Hoku's at the Kahala Mandarin (they may have changed the name of the hotel). The hotel has a beautiful pool with dolphins, and other sealife in ponds. You can also take a stroll on the beach after dinner and walk out to a little "island" for a view of the ocean. Great ambiance.

All the restaurants listed here are great too!
http://www.sallys-place.com/food/dining_directory/oceania/honolulu.htm

(btw, finally...a question that I can actually answer..couldn't help you w/your tree question or the thermostat ? either) LOL

·
Registered
13,130 Posts
No suggestions but...
Kahala Mandarin (they may have changed the name of the hotel).
We did DolphinQuest at this hotel on our honeymoon. It was worth every penny. I think the name has changed also.

·
Registered
16,472 Posts
Princess Zoe said:
No suggestions but...
Kahala Mandarin (they may have changed the name of the hotel).
We did DolphinQuest at this hotel on our honeymoon. It was worth every penny. I think the name has changed also.
and I believe this hotel is now dog friendly. : )

1 - 6 of 6 Posts