Just Labradors banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
158 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Guinness is off to the vet on Friday, he has been limping off and on for a week. Weird though, as it starts suddenly and goes away just as quickly. Seems to be his right front foot/leg. Today he came out of his kennel at lunch and was limping badly. Did not want to do the stairs, go out to the yard etc. By the time I left for work (1/2 hr) he was fine. He has done this on two other occasions once in the middle of a walk, and another time just at home and for seemingly no reason. He does seem to be in pain when it is happening, but okay afterwards. Any thoughts?? (oh he was six months old on Saturday!)

·
Registered
11 Posts
Have you checked his paw pads? Maybe has a cut/thorn or something that is irritating him. Limping can be caused by sooooo many things... vet visit is best idea.

·
Registered
44,122 Posts
If it's coming and going limping at that age, I would lean more toward pano or "growing pains". You don't run with him, do you?

We went through something similar with Frankie when he was that age. It came and went for a ocuple of weeks and it was usually only when he came out of his crate. We figured his legs either fell asleep or it was growing pains.

I hope this is all it is for your boy.

·
Registered
7,913 Posts
It could be a number of things, pano for one as mentioned.

Best thing is to take it easy (leash walks only) until your vet appointment on Friday.

Keep us updated.

·
Registered
158 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I've checked the pads of his feet and they seem fine, also his nails look okay so I don't think there is a broken one or anything. I would think if it was either of these, it would be a constant limp - not just occasionally. Hopefully, it is nothing serious! Guinness did go swimming yesterday (his first time) but he was fine after...it wasn't until today that he was limping. We're stumped!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts