Just Labradors banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
10,007 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well that's what they said yesterday morning.  Started about 2 pm, these were taken from the "Delmonico Dash Cam" on the way to work about 3 pm. ;)  It was a bit windy.

A block from home, nothing between me and the north pole for the most part:

A few more blocks and on the main street through Lincoln, also Nebraska #6:

On the by-pass, going over the BNSF rail yard:

A county road that leads to Highway 2:

Almost at the highway, not bad cause I'm behind a hill and grain eleavators, but up on the hill is a bit nasty:

Got into traffic so I only took pics at the stop lights: ;)  Guess Eric was headed my way. :laugh:

Got into the parking lot at work, behind the buildings and a hill and this.  Note the wierd cloud of snow blowing off the roof on the side of the store:

Snowed for a couple more hours and we got about 2 inches, but it sure wasn't where it hit the ground originally.  They had white-outs on I-80.

·
Registered
28,830 Posts
I hope we get a little dusting like that this year. It's pretty, the dogs love it, it's gone the next day. :happy:

·
Registered
10,007 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Paddysmom said:
I hope we get a little dusting like that this year. It's pretty, the dogs love it, it's gone the next day. :happy:
Much more trhan that, in both depth and visability and I hate to drive in it. Nice thing is, we get enough of it everyone slows down and is carefull, speed limit is 55 mph on the by-pass, what little traffic there was was runnin a little over 40 mph.

·
Registered
28,830 Posts
Nice to know your people slow down for it.
Our people challenge their egos via their woeful driving skills. :(

·
Registered
10,007 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Paddysmom said:
Nice to know your people slow down for it.
Our people challenge their egos via their woeful driving skills. :(
A few of the real young and dumb do now and then, it is OK to honk and wave as you go bast if the vehicle still has the roof on top and the wheels on the ground. :laugh:

·
Registered
21,715 Posts
Thats quite the "dusting"! Our wind finally stopped today and guess what it's doing tonight, yep snowing!! CRAP

·
Registered
10,664 Posts
Nice pics Glen.

Someday if I think of it I'll do the dash cam for you.

I'll try to capture the sunny skies minus zero temps and snowing like hell at the same time. I have some downstate (NYC) friends who often remark on how strange the above phenomenom is.

·
Registered
10,007 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
georgie said:
:scared: They call that a "light dusting?" It looked nasty Glen.
Well that's what they said we'd have when I got up, they missed it a bit. :laugh:

labs4life said:
Nice pics Glen.

Someday if I think of it I'll do the dash cam for you.

I'll try to capture the sunny skies minus zero temps and snowing like hell at the same time. I have some downstate (NYC) friends who often remark on how strange the above phenomenom is.
Well only if I don't get some first. :D

Remember it's only a couple moths till our tornado season, and I don't need a license to hunt them. :laugh:

1 - 9 of 9 Posts