Just Labradors banner

Lets Trash the Dog Parks

2K views 19 replies 16 participants last post by  Clanceycanuck 
#1 ·
Seriously, What good are they? Dogs attacking people, People not picking up after their dogs. Dogs attacking dogs. People huddled together with their coffee. One dog trying to dominate all the others. What gives? What good are they.

Maybe I need to post a few pictures from our morning at the dog park today.

We got there about 8:30/ Lots of grass and bushed to nibble on. Big Deal.

We get to the river and what do we see? The water level is really low. Hardly enough to even swim in. Oh! And there is Gunner and Emmy fighting over a silly bumper.

Did Dad say Bumper? Her you guys, I am going to get that one.

It is so hhard to get along with these other dogs.

See less See more
#11 ·
Yes! That is our Crow Hassen DP, one of 7 of our Three Rivers Park System. It is the only one with a river. The river is really down low this year, we need rain. The dogs usually have to swim at that spot. It is a 40 acre site, 1.5 mile trail around it. The river forms the boundary on one side. Lots of froested areas, prairie grass areas, and a good sized flat field that is mowed. Picnic tables, and a rest room. Not too many people sit around, everyone pretty much walks the trails.

PS: At the time those pics were taken there was a group of peeps all gathered together on the river bank. But we weren't sipping our java or ignoring the dogs. I don't know who had more fun, the peeps watching their dogs have a blast, or the dogs having the blast.

Only one dog was not a 'regular' but he fit right into the group.

#13 ·
I don't know where you are but I would do a web search and if you don't find anything, start inquiring with your city, county, whatever local govt you have.

I found JL in the late spring of 07. I read about peeps here going to DPs. I never heard of them before that. I was jealous. I thought you all were in Europe, Australia, or some state far away from MN. JEALOUS.

Decided to do a web search. I couldn't believe how many DPs we have in the area. I think I have been to every one of them now. Some I will never go back to, I am a regular at others. I have found that if the layout is acceptable, it is up to the peeps to make it a good DP. We self police ourselves. Most people get the idea and join the effort. Some never come back.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.