Just Labradors banner

1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
4,737 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Im talking pancakes (flour, eggs and milk) fried then topping them with lemon juice and sugar...How do you eat yours?

And are American pancakes different to English ones?

·
Registered
4,595 Posts
I make ours (the plain ones) with flour, sugar, eggs, vanilla, and milk. They're topped with butter and maple syrup. :)

·
Registered
12,420 Posts
flour eggs, sugar, baking powder, a smidge of lemon juice, and vanilla. Topped with Maple syrup or sometimes pie filling. :laugh:

·
Registered
13,529 Posts
Well wait, how thick are your pancakes? I think I call your pancakes crepes. Canadian pancakes involve flour, eggs, milk/buttermilk, baking powder and soda, some salt and sugar, and copious amounts of pure maple syrup, oh, and butter. Mmmm butter.

·
Registered
4,737 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Jinx said:
as waffles.
Potato waffles or those sweet waffles?

TangerineFizz said:
Well wait, how thick are your pancakes? I think I call your pancakes crepes. Canadian pancakes involve flour, eggs, milk/buttermilk, baking powder and soda, some salt and sugar, and copious amounts of pure maple syrup, oh, and butter. Mmmm butter.
Well Im not good at making them and I managed to make one fat and one crepe like lol

·
Registered
4,732 Posts
gailatmsu said:
I make ours (the plain ones) with flour, sugar, eggs, vanilla, and milk. They're topped with butter and maple syrup. :)
That reminds me of an episode of the Simpsons when Homer wrapped a pancake around a whole stick of butter, doused it in maple syrup and swallowed it whole!

·
Registered
10,007 Posts
TangerineFizz said:
Well wait, how thick are your pancakes?  
"bout 1/4-3/8ths inch thick. "bout 11" around. ;)  (My Cast iron griddle is only 12". :D

Sometimes make them out of sour dough, I put on butter and use home made elderberry syrup.  Love real maple syrup, but one of mine will soak up $3-4 worth on it's own.  Dang stuff is expensive down here.  Sometimes I use sorghum mollasses, which is not exactly the same as the common stuff in the store.

·
Banned
1,889 Posts
pumpkin spice pancakes . :D

·
Registered
10,007 Posts

·
Registered
12,170 Posts
whipped butter and warmed Canadian maple syrup. Growing up, we had a shot glass of maple syrup with our breakfast every day.

·
Registered
5,146 Posts
kaznalf said:
Im talking pancakes (flour, eggs and milk) fried then topping them with lemon juice and sugar...How do you eat yours?

Lemon juice? Interesting. I'll have to try that.

Butter and Aunt Jemima's syrup. Real maple syrup is too expensive.

Oh. We also had banana pancakes.

·
Registered
7,352 Posts
butter and maple syrup...has to be the real thing...either my aunt sends us some from VT as their neighbor has a sugar house and he taps the trees on my aunts 3 acres also or I buy it at Trader Joes or Costco where the cost is reasonable.

Or my other favorite way is with warm berry compote I usually cook down a bag of frozen mixed blackberries, blue berries and raspberrys and a bag of frozen strawberries.

But I also love the German Apple Pancakes that you bake in the oven with apples and brown sugar...ahhhhhhhhhhhh yummy (we don't discuss the calories on these)

·
Registered
4,737 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Kate2jays said:
gailatmsu said:
That reminds me of an episode of the Simpsons when Homer wrapped a pancake around a whole stick of butter, doused it in maple syrup and swallowed it whole!
Eww! :laugh:

Sams Mom said:
kaznalf said:

Lemon juice? Interesting. I'll have to try that.

Butter and Aunt Jemima's syrup. Real maple syrup is too expensive.

Oh. We also had banana pancakes.
When it makes the sugar dissolve mmmm :hungry:

G

·
0 Posts
Too much work, just go to IHOP. ( International House of Pancakes) I use to get a dozen of them on my plate, smother them with butter, strawberrries, and whip cream, and then dump half a bottle of syrup on them. Oh, can't forget the sausage links. :hungry:

1 - 20 of 27 Posts