Just Labradors banner

1 - 20 of 61 Posts

·
Registered
6,118 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
To help defray surgery costs. I'm in, who else?

If we start getting pledges now, we can figure out the best way (PayPal, check, etc.) to contribute. Maybe the hospital will take direct payments as well?

·
Registered
44,122 Posts
Yes Ursula! I suggested this in both threads. Thanks for starting this thread!
:)

·
Registered
44,122 Posts
From Gina's original thread after I asked how much it would cost :
Well....just to keep Moka stable and pain free last night was $900. The surgery today is $3100, that includes the surgery, the pain meds, the antibiotic..all that stuff. It does not include any after care. She needs to have x-rays weekly, have the bandages changed and will have another mini-surgery to have the external fixtures and plates removed. They have estimated that to be another $1000. So in total....about $5000 in vet bills for this incident.

·
Registered
4,663 Posts
Are you guys kidding me?
I am absolutely floored and touched beyond words that anyone would even consider doing this to help us.
I don't know what to say...I don't even think I can talk and I'm having a hard time seeing the computer screen because I am crying so hard.
You guys are unbelievable.
Thank you......more than words could say.

·
Registered
44,122 Posts
OK now you've got me in tears. Gina, we have a great group of people here and have pulled together on several occasions for members for costly surgeries and procedures.
:)

·
Registered
6,118 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
That, or find out from the hospital whether they have the capability of taking payments directly towards Moka's costs, and then post that information.

This has been done before, and unfortunately (because it means an expensive emergency happening), I suspect it will be done again. I think we pretty much all feel that it's worth paying forward, since it could so easily be any of us facing the same scary situation.

·
Registered
4,663 Posts
Ok..I think I set up a paypal account correctly.
The e-mail address is: [email protected].

This means more to me than you guys could even imagine...I have never *met* or *known* people who cared as much for others and their animals as you guys. It's incredible what you guys do here. I have no words to describe it.
Thank you

·
Registered
12,586 Posts
I am all in for this.

I am so sorry this happened. I saw this thread and didn't know what was going on, so I went back and caught up on the other threads.

I am especially touched by this, because it reminds me of Crash, our first dog. He broke his leg in a similar way, sort of...

It was early in our marriage, we didn't have a fence or a lot of money, so we thought we would try putting him outside on a tie-out. :rolleyes: I was in the front yard, Crash was in the back on the tie-out, and I heard screaming. At first I didn't know what the heck it was or where it was coming from. Then I realized it was coming from our backyard. Then I realized it was Crash. Oh Lord. I raced to the back to find him dangling one of his back legs. Poor sweet Crash - he was only four months old. Apparently he had gotten the lead tangled around one of his back legs and tried to run. :(

We rushed him to the vet, the vet set it and kept him overnight and he was just fine. I suppose his was a cleaner break than Moka had, and his wasn't broken with the force hers was.

Anyway - in memory of my sweetest boy Crash, count me in. Just let me know where I can send something.

·
Registered
6,118 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
I just sent you a little something, Gina. Please let me know if it goes through to your account OK. Keep us posted!

·
Registered
2,648 Posts
Sent mine through paypal and after it was complete the payment status said "unclaimed". I clicked on the help section and it said that you have to accept the payment.

·
Registered
4,663 Posts
I got them guys!!! I had to activate my e-mail address.....I did that and it accepted the payments.
This means more to me than you guys will ever know. No one has ever done anything like this for me...
All I can say is thank you, thank you and promise that I too will pay it forward when the next person is in need!!!

Gina

·
Registered
4,663 Posts
RIP Crash...thank you so much...

I am all in for this.

I am so sorry this happened. I saw this thread and didn't know what was going on, so I went back and caught up on the other threads.

I am especially touched by this, because it reminds me of Crash, our first dog. He broke his leg in a similar way, sort of...

It was early in our marriage, we didn't have a fence or a lot of money, so we thought we would try putting him outside on a tie-out. :rolleyes: I was in the front yard, Crash was in the back on the tie-out, and I heard screaming. At first I didn't know what the heck it was or where it was coming from. Then I realized it was coming from our backyard. Then I realized it was Crash. Oh Lord. I raced to the back to find him dangling one of his back legs. Poor sweet Crash - he was only four months old. Apparently he had gotten the lead tangled around one of his back legs and tried to run. :(

We rushed him to the vet, the vet set it and kept him overnight and he was just fine. I suppose his was a cleaner break than Moka had, and his wasn't broken with the force hers was.

Anyway - in memory of my sweetest boy Crash, count me in. Just let me know where I can send something.

·
Registered
8,376 Posts
Gina,
I have sent you something small from Milly and I in Australia to help Moka. It's not alot and I am sorry, I hope it helps though.

Please give Moka a big hug and kiss from us all when you get her home xx

Sarah

·
Registered
4,663 Posts
Gina,
I have sent you something small from Milly and I in Australia to help Moka. It's not alot and I am sorry, I hope it helps though.

Please give Moka a big hug and kiss from us all when you get her home xx

Sarah
Thank you Sarah and Milly...you have no idea what your gift means to us, in so many ways. I am so deeply grateful. **tears**

I can't wait to kiss and hug my baby girl when I finally see her!!
I will give her extra hugs and kisses from all the JL board members.

1 - 20 of 61 Posts