Just Labradors banner

1 - 20 of 56 Posts

·
Registered
10,257 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The religion/stemcell thread is boring, as it's the same-ol' same-ol'. The ignore thread is getting testy.

I know we've done this before (including the old board's trivia game), but we've got enough new blood to make it interesting, dont' we?

Post something surprising about yourself. Something that the average person looking at you wouldn't know. Has your neighbor turned down a position in the Obama cabinet (hey, who hasn't??). Were you one of the orphans in the original cast of Broadway's Annie?? Have you hit the lottery and been living off the gravy ever since??

Spill!!

·
Registered
11,362 Posts
I was a child model and was offered a job with an NYC commercial agency (I auditioned for a Smucker's commercial) when I was about 10. I turned it down because I didn't like the long train rides from Boston. What did I know?

*kicking myself. kicking myself. kicking myself.*

And Dan, to tie it in to your Annie comment; I got the audition because I went to dance school with the original Pepper from the original Broadway cast. :)

·
Registered
6,548 Posts
I was on a quiz show on the local PBS station in early high school (maybe junior high, I don't remember.) They took teenagers from local schools and mixed them up so I had never met the other 3 students on my team.

1. I had a debilitating shyness back then. Still shy, but to a much lesser degree these days.
2. I worry SO much about what people think of me that even if I'm 90% sure I know something I won't answer because dear God what if I were WRONG and everyone thought I was an idiot?

So, 1 + 2 = me not answering a SINGLE. QUESTION.

Talk about looking like an idiot!

·
Registered
10,257 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I was on a quiz show on the local PBS station in early high school (maybe junior high, I don't remember.) They took teenagers from local schools and mixed them up so I had never met the other 3 students on my team.

1. I had a debilitating shyness back then. Still shy, but to a much lesser degree these days.
2. I worry SO much about what people think of me that even if I'm 90% sure I know something I won't answer because dear God what if I were WRONG and everyone thought I was an idiot?

So, 1 + 2 = me not answering a SINGLE. QUESTION.

Talk about looking like an idiot!
Cindy Brady syndrome!!

·
Registered Users
10,466 Posts
Has your neighbor turned down a position in the Obama cabinet (hey, who hasn't??). Were you one of the orphans in the original cast of Broadway's Annie?? Have you hit the lottery and been living off the gravy ever since??
None of the above.I'm still the same boring old fart I always was. :p

Did I just confess to being old? :eek:

·
Registered
1,782 Posts
I lead a pretty boring life the only thing I can think of is that I raced go carts for a few years. Not like around a little track at one of those places in Gatlinburg, it was a weekly race during the summer months with trophies and cash prizes. I wasn't great but I had fun doing it.

·
Registered
44,122 Posts
Freshman in high school, I was hanging out with Tommy Jo (a girl). She was bad news. I started smoking, drinking, cutting class, getting detention, having to spend full days in BMC (Behavior Modification Center), smoked in the bathroom, ran the hallways trying to get away from Mrs. Kaminski who was trying to bust me for cutting class, talked back to teachers and the principle of the school, etc., etc., etc.

I ended up failing freshman year. I should have graduated in '86 with all of my friends, but I ended up the outkast in the class of '87.

:eek:

·
Registered
13,489 Posts
I was in a drum and bugle corp from 4 years old until senior year in high school. We were state champions. I was in the color guard. Carried rifle and PA state flag.

·
Registered
16,129 Posts
One of the following statements is true:

1. I shot a man in Reno just to watch him die.
2. I rented an apartment from a young Harvard student named Barack Obama one summer.

·
Registered
23,457 Posts
I was a photographer's model from age 3 to 6 and did some clothes modeling in college for Lane Bryant Tall Shops. I couldn't go pro because I am knock-kneed.

I was in a drum and bugle corps from 1966 - 1970.

I have five (yes, 5! :eek:) ex-husbands, and they are all still alive as far as I know.

·
Registered
23,457 Posts
:D OK, that truly did make me LOL!
It's the truth. When I filled out the marriage license application to marry Bill, the clerk looked at the list of names I had to put down, then looked at Bill. Bill just grinned and said "She's got me by one!" ;)

·
Registered
7,664 Posts
Members of my family claim we're direct descendants of a Native American woman named Tecumpease, who raised her brother, Tecumseh, the Shawnee warrior. But I have no idea if this is actually true.

·
Registered
903 Posts
I have two brothers and we all are parents to twins.

No, twins don't run in my family. They do run in my younger brother's wife's family which is how his set came about. My older brother and I used various forms of assistance.

·
Registered
8,070 Posts
My mother has 10 brothers & sisters, and my father has 9 brothers and sisters (they are both the middle child), so I have A LOT of first cousins. I see most of them at least once a year. I could probably name them all if I sat down and thought about it too.

1 - 20 of 56 Posts