Just Labradors banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a laundry list, but here are the highlights:

My lip had to be sewn back together after a little poodle mix bit me about thirty years ago.
I lost a third of my pinkie to a dog a few years back.
Sola separated my wife's ACL joint pulling her toward another dog a few years back.

<a href="http://lifewithdogs.blogspot.com/2009/01/who-you-gonna-call.html">>>>And then there is this, slightly more embarrassing.<<<</a>

You?

·
Registered
11,446 Posts
Nothing that bad, but I've broken up some dog fights and have gotten bitten twice, once on my arm (scars on the upper and underside of my arm, just below the elbow, and a bad scar on my right middle finger). Just this last week I broke a toe because the dogs tripped me :(

I've cut my feet multiple times from stepping on Nylabone weapons...!

I think that's it...

·
Registered
4,824 Posts
Nothing serious here either, thankfully!

The most embarassing had to be the black eye Lexi gave me. I only had her a few weeks, I was bending over to clip her leash on & at the same time she was jumping up. Caught me under my eye on the bony part, gave me a really purty shiner.

·
Registered
960 Posts
Lexis Mom said:
Nothing serious here either, thankfully!

The most embarassing had to be the black eye Lexi gave me. I only had her a few weeks, I was bending over to clip her leash on & at the same time she was jumping up. Caught me under my eye on the bony part, gave me a really purty shiner.
Same with me, rocky gave me the best shiner I have ever had. We were playing and he was on my bed, I tried to be sneaky and reach around with my left hand to steal his toy. He pulled back and elbowed me right in the eye. Most people at work thought I had got into a fight or something and few believed me when I told them my Lab elbowed me.

·
Registered
786 Posts
funny blog.... ;)

I have a few injuries, chin split open when I reached down to pet the dog and dog jumped up at the same moment. Had my nose broke when dog was super excited and decided to head butt me. Fractured finger bone when dog bit my hand during water hose play. and some other normal bumps and bruises while raising a lab. Oh, I broke my tail bone as a child when dog's leash wrapped around my feet and she took off.

·
Registered
1,273 Posts
Ripped a medial meniscus and messed up some other cartilage in my left knee compliments of Charlie. That's all of the "friendly fire" injuries that I've incurred. I've had multiple bite wounds, etc in 20+ years of veterinary experience. I choose not to count those though. ;)

·
Registered
9,926 Posts
Oh My, those are some injuries.

Kassa gave me a swollen check bone and black eye the day before a wedding.

I have broken my finger and toe with Erns. The other day he jumped on me when I was laying on the couch. I am not sure what was worse. The feeling sick from being winded or the seeing stars from the head butt. I just lay there while he tried to get the apple out of my hand.

·
Registered
8,330 Posts
Except for some stitches in the side of my head when I was about 4 (courtesy of my grand parents' GSD), the worst I've had is a couple of bloody lips and bruises.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts