Just Labradors banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
13,529 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone here do it/try it from time to time?

I'm on day 3. So far, so good. The herbal supplements taste a little nasty, but wth I've never done one, so figured may as well try one now. I know they are good for you, but I'm not sure I'm a big believer yet. It's not like I'm trapped in the bathroom, ya know? That's what I thought would happen, frankly....

·
Registered
14,287 Posts
I have dome it once, and also done some research on the matter, more post-cleanse than pre. And while "cleansing" of sugar & caffiene, etc is a good idea in general, there is no proven benefit to "cleanse" programs that require you to buy or make certain beverages. The body is largely self-detoxifying.

·
Registered
15,206 Posts
I know a few people who do this and swear by it... but I consider them to be a little crazy so I've never tried it.

·
Registered
11,362 Posts
What is the program everyone has done? I'm curious. The only one I've ever really seen anyone do is the white grape juice detox for 24 hours. What are the basics and what kind of results are you looking for?

·
Registered
13,529 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Well, I assume you've always considered me a little crazy Linds, or at least do now...

T - that's why I've never really done one before. I do a juice fast once a year, but that's not really cleansing imo. More of a boost of vitamins and minerals in a 48 hour blitz. But, I've always been curious so that's what lead me here!

I eat pretty healthy anyways - although lately I've been suspecting I have issues with flour - so we'll see if this eliminates those symptoms, and if they come back as I gradually re-introduce it back into my diet.

·
Registered
456 Posts
i was just going to write a thread about this!!!!!!

I've been on the master cleanse twice. I loved it, it was tough for the first 5 days but after that it got easier, i felt better, i lost 10+lbs in 10 days.... this was healthy shedding because 5lbs of that was pure toxic. eekk...

i was wondering if anyone has heard of ISAGENIX???? my dogs holistic vet wants to coach the doggy parents through this.

·
Registered
13,529 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
The one I'm doing is Canadian - Wild Rose Herbal Cleanse. I read about the master and wasnt' sure I wanted soup coming out my ass.......

·
Registered
1,642 Posts
The one I'm doing is Canadian - Wild Rose Herbal Cleanse. I read about the master and wasnt' sure I wanted soup coming out my ass.......
Nothing like a big bowl of ass soup!!! YUM!!! I've wanted to try one, but didn't want to do it while I was at work, figured I would wait until over spring break. I have a juicing one that goes w/ my juicer, figured that one would clean me out.

·
Registered
10,258 Posts
It's BUNK. Talk with your gastroenterologist. Nobody's bowels build up toxic sludge. That's just garbage.

A lot of this stuff is dangerous too.

Having had five colonoscopies I can tell you my insides are clean as a whistle.

·
Registered
23,457 Posts
i was just going to write a thread about this!!!!!!

I've been on the master cleanse twice. I loved it, it was tough for the first 5 days but after that it got easier, i felt better, i lost 10+lbs in 10 days.... this was healthy shedding because 5lbs of that was pure toxic. eekk...

i was wondering if anyone has heard of ISAGENIX???? my dogs holistic vet wants to coach the doggy parents through this.
One of the women I used to work with uses this stuff and sells it. I've not seen any results for her, and it's expensive, so I wasn't about to try it. Also, after a colonoscopy, I know that my insides are clean!

·
Registered
7,129 Posts
I don't think there's any harm in doing fasting occasionally, but some of those cleanses seem downright dangerous.

·
Registered
2,242 Posts
I would be game on right now if I wasn't pregnant. I just did a ton of research on the matter and it can help with a lot of auto immune diseases.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts