Just Labradors banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
1,619 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Single ladies, I have a very valuable lesson to pass on...NEVER EVER label your peanut butter jar with either "dog" or your dog's name...

I keep 2 peanut butter jars...one for people, one for dog (I swipe his biscuits in it, use it to fill his kong, dip pills)...I don't like to "mingle" peanut butter so I label one "DOG"...bottom line, if you are single and anyone sees the jar labeled "dog" or "dog's name", it opens the door for some potentially odd looks and comments!! (I am sure we have all heard the old dog/peanut butter jokes) LOL

·
Registered
13,489 Posts
HaHa! We have dog and people peanut butter too! Only I'm not single so ours isn't labeled. (sp) I have to watch the grandkids though to make sure they don't eat out of the dog jar. (Sometimes I take a lick from that one. Shhh.)

·
Registered
1,619 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I guess I'm just weird. I use a knife and spread the PB on the dog's biscuits. We all eat out of the same PB jar ;)
The kong is the big issue...It is not always clean when I fill it so it is kind of like "double dipping"...I will stick a blob of P/B in the kong, then stick the knife back in the jar for another blob...I am sure if I wasn't so lazy we could all share the peanut butter...I didn't think anything of it until one of my friends made a sexual comment about the "dog peanut butter" and asked me if I was going through a hard time...LOL

·
Registered
8,330 Posts
The kong is the big issue...It is not always clean when I fill it so it is kind of like "double dipping"...I will stick a blob of P/B in the kong, then stick the knife back in the jar for another blob...
I solved that by scooping out some peanutbutter onto a paper plate, then putting it in the Kong. If I don't scoop out enough, I just get another knife and scoop out some more.

·
Registered
4,543 Posts
Different jars, but not labeled!

·
Registered
3,575 Posts
We have 2 jars, except one's mine and one's the hubby's. I give the dogs peanut butter out of HIS! HA HA Well, mine too sometimes. I'm not too grossed out by dog spit, so sometimes I do double-dip my finger in for each dog to get some.

·
Registered
1,483 Posts
I keep theirs in another cabinet and tough luck to anyone who uses it! I know my MIL did once and she still lives so it couldn't have been too bad!

·
Registered
123 Posts
We have dog and human PB in our house too. I don't get the "dog peanut butter" joke?:confused:

1 - 14 of 14 Posts