Just Labradors banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
4,287 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So far 2 people have been laid off here at my company. There are rumors that 2 more will get it before the end of the week.
So far I am safe. I was given an account that was handled by someone who was laid off. Add that to the accounts I handle I am pretty valuable right now so I hope that helps my job security.
When my boss came into my office and shut the door behind him to tell me I was terrified, I thought maybe it was me.

·
Registered
44,122 Posts
What did your boss come in to tell you? That the 2 people were laid off? It sounds to me like you're safe. He wouldn't tell you that if you were on the list!!

Good luck anyway though, we could all use it right now.

·
Registered
4,425 Posts
How many people work there?

Last month we had 686 people laid off at one of the mines.. our city is suffering pretty bad.

·
Registered
8,070 Posts
How STRESSFUL! Sounds like you are in a secure position right now. Best of luck to the laid-off employees, and you too!

·
Registered
11 Posts
Glad you are okay! I was laid off from my job Dec. 1rst and am still interviewing and seeking out a new position! Times are tough out there and the competition is fierce for any open positions since there are so many great people out there unemployed. Thank goodness I have Jack to keep me company!! We have had some great bonding time.

·
Registered
6,054 Posts
It is scary to not have a job right now. Sorry about all the people that got laid off. I'm home with some viral infection--fever, cough, chills, other nasty stuff--or I would have been sitting in on someone's termination today. Almost makes me glad to be sick.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Glad to hear you are still employed and sorry to hear about those that aren't anymore. That's one thing I love about the military...I don't have to worry about being fired or laid off. They've spent too many hundreds of thousands of dollars on me! :D

·
Registered
6,114 Posts
Bosses right now should think about what they're doing. Like coming in and closing the door or when Dweck's boss called him in the other day. They're scaring the crap out of people.

There should be a universal sign for "Don't worry, it's not you."

·
Registered
4,287 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Bosses right now should think about what they're doing. Like coming in and closing the door or when Dweck's boss called him in the other day. They're scaring the crap out of people.

There should be a universal sign for "Don't worry, it's not you."
You got that right. I swear when he walked in you could have heard my stomach hit the floor.:eek:

·
Registered
11,079 Posts
That situation is my worse nightmare (being laid off). I'm very glad to hear that you have your job. Sending good thoughts for those that don't.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts