Just Labradors banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
21,715 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just received a Questionnaire in the mail from a Lawyer, requesting information on my ankle injury. They apparently represent my Insurance company- and are requesting information regarding my injury and how it occurred. Whats this mean, and should I just fill it out and send it back as requested or make some calls too my Insurance Comp.? Is it just something to find out if someone else should be paying the bills? With 2 kids, a husband that does construction and woodworking, we have had our share of accidents, with no request like this before:confused:

·
Registered
6,114 Posts
Did it have a section where it asked if somebody other than you might be liable for the injury, or simply whether it was an accident in which another party was involved? We've gotten that before and just filled it out and sent it back. It was our insurance company trying to find out who, other than them, might be on the hook for the bill.

I don't remember it coming from a third party. I'd call your insurance company and confirm what it is before sending it back. Although illegal in most states, it wouldn't be that unusual for a lawyer to contact you hoping to represent you in a suit.

·
Registered
21,715 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
It basically asked - What happened, where it happened, when did it happen, do you have a Lawyer representing you regarding this, and if so their contact info. It just seemed weird because my Insurance company should already know this stuff. I've seen 3 different doctors, since it all began, everyone from the clinic, to the Orthopedic Surgeon has the information and I would think have pass it on to the Insurance company to get paid. I know thats how it works in the ER at least, cant imagine it's any different for the doctors offices, not to mention the Physical Therapist. I think I'll call the Insurance company tomorrow just to verify.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts