Just Labradors banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
44,122 Posts
Wha' happen'???

I asked you where Steve was. I saw in another post that he's been gone for 2 months and has another 2 to go. He's not back in Iraq is he? :(

G

·
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
He doesnt have another 2 to go. He'll be home June 4th. He is in West Virginia doing instructor pilot training. He needs this training before he heads back to Iraq. The dates keep switching on us but as of now, he'll be going to Iraq the beginning of October (missing Christmas and Thanksgiving again).

My stomach hurts just thinking about it. :-\ My SIL, who's husband was deployed last year doesnt think its all that big of a deal but her husband was gone for only 4 months and she was able to talk to him on the phone every day. With SU as a pilot, I'm thankful if I talk to him once a week when he's deployed.

I think I'lll be more nervous this time around because I heard the horror stories from last time (bullet nicking Steve's headphone cord, his copilot getting finger shot off, his roommate being killed) I'm also worried because we have spent so much time repairing our marriage since he came back and I'm afraid of what he will be like when he comes home from Iraq again.

I've got to look at all the positive things like my great job that I love, we will be in our new house, I'll be making another trip out east to NY & PA in November, and I'll be trying out for Oklahoma at the Black Hills Playhouse. I'm gonna attempt to keep myself busy busy busy. :)

·
Registered
44,122 Posts
Oh man, I'm sorry to hear he's gotta go back. Missing XMas & Thanksgiving is gonna stink for you guys. :(

Try and think positive though. He was probably more stressed when he came back last time because of everything you mentioned that happened over there. This time will be different. It'll be better, you'll see. ;)

How long will he be over there?

G

·
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Things flip flop all the time, but as of now it will only be 6 months this time. We wont really know until they send replacements for his company while he is over there.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts