Just Labradors banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
1,678 Posts
There is flooding in areas all around us, mostly in North Dakota and on the eastern side of South Dakota. Where I'm at, everything is ok. :) Thanks for thinking of me!

·
Registered
2,925 Posts
A lot of the flooding is around the Red River that flows South to North along the Minnesota/Dakota's border, due to the South to North flow, a lot of ice breaks up sooner in the Southern part of the state, as it flows "Up" Stream the ice gets clogged and causes dams, thus the water is diverted to other low area's. Pretty much the Fargo/Grand Forks area.

They are expecting a record level flood this year, expecting the river to crest around 43-44 feet.

Not sure if anybody remembers the flood of 1997 where the city of Grand Forks was completely flooded, buildings were on fire and there was nothing anybody could do but watch. With all the snow and rain we received this week, the experts are predicting this year will surpass 1997 levels.

·
Registered
2,925 Posts
That is scary - glad you're ok Laurie. Robert - this isn't near you is it?

No I am about 3 hours away, although the water from the wetlands behind my house is getting closer and closer each day.

There is a old JL member that lives in Fargo, if anybody remembers Lauren, I am sure she could use some good thoughts. A bunch of volunteers and school kids went up to Fargo this morning to help with the sand bagging.

Kelli - That is funny that Fargo made Canadian news!

·
Registered
23,457 Posts
Prayers and good thoughts for all in the flood areas, that everyone is safe and no homes are lost.

·
Registered
9,693 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
No I am about 3 hours away, although the water from the wetlands behind my house is getting closer and closer each day.

There is a old JL member that lives in Fargo, if anybody remembers Lauren, I am sure she could use some good thoughts. A bunch of volunteers and school kids went up to Fargo this morning to help with the sand bagging.
GOOD GOD, How dumb am I - prayers and good thoughts for Lauren!

1 - 13 of 13 Posts