Just Labradors banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
44,122 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Sentenced to 12 years hard labor in North Korea?! OMG. :( No one in their right mind will believe that they admitted crossing into the country illegally and accepted their sentence. If they did admit it, they were obviously tortured.

Horrible, horrible country. Really scares me.

http://abcnews.go.com/GMA/story?id=7856824&page=1

·
Registered
5,336 Posts
The North Korean government officials scare the living crap out of me.

·
Registered
6,114 Posts
The word on all the sites I've been reading is that they filmed themselves crossing into North Korea for the story they were filming. If true, and it wouldn't really surprise me since reporters all like to look like they're Ernie Pyle, it's pretty hard to argue you didn't cross illegally.

What pisses me off is that these two have allowed themselves to become pawns for the NK's in a major international incident and the US will make some sort of backroom deal with the devil to get them out. Our entire foreign policy in regards to NK is being compromised by these two.

·
Registered
44,122 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
they filmed themselves crossing into North Korea for the story they were filming. If true, and it wouldn't really surprise me since reporters all like to look like they're Ernie Pyle, it's pretty hard to argue you didn't cross illegally.
Ahhh, I didn't know that. That was plain stupid on their part then. :mad:
I wonder what 'hard labor' in NK refers to. I can't imagine.

·
Registered
5,211 Posts
The word on all the sites I've been reading is that they filmed themselves crossing into North Korea for the story they were filming. If true, and it wouldn't really surprise me since reporters all like to look like they're Ernie Pyle, it's pretty hard to argue you didn't cross illegally.

What pisses me off is that these two have allowed themselves to become pawns for the NK's in a major international incident and the US will make some sort of backroom deal with the devil to get them out. Our entire foreign policy in regards to NK is being compromised by these two.
This is kind of my feeling too. They took a risk. They knew that country and its leader is coocoo for cocopuffs. Now it has put the US in a bad spot.

·
Registered
1,601 Posts

+100

·
Registered
3,915 Posts

I agree, though apparently I'm a heartless **** for thinking so...per some of my friends whom I made the comment in front of. It never ceases to amaze me how some journalist have no concept of consequences. This little excursion is going to have major repercussions. I don't wish torture and hard labor on them, I just wish these types of journalists would take just 30 seconds to think about the possible consequences of their actions before doing something like this. You don't bust into China, North Korea, Iran, etc. and then complain about the lack of due process, free speech, or other constitutional protections they have in the US.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts