Just Labradors banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
29,548 Posts
He's doing good. I went out to visit him (ON A SUNDAY!!!!) a little bit ago. They put him in the pasture by himself and he was way in the back. I gave a whistle and he picked up his head and then came running. :) So did the other horses in the pasture next to him. He looked happy to see me as he came and gave me a horse hug by dropping his head on my shoulder. He wouldn't leave me for quite awhile so I brushed out his mane (everything else was way too muddy) and just rubbed on him for awhile.

As I was leaving the pasture he followed me to the gate and had a nice long drink. He walked a few feet away, watching the other horses. Then he turned and looked at me over his shoulder. I told him to go on and I'll be back and maybe we'd go for a ride tomorrow. Poof, just like that he took off running. lol

I watched as he approached the other horses near the fence and they were curious about him too. There wasn't any squeals or kicks, just curiosity so maybe he'll have some horse friends there.

·
Registered
10,258 Posts
So great to hear he's doing well at the new place. I guess I missed something about weekends? Don't you normally go to the barn on weekends?
Anyway, I am envious of your trails, what fun that is going to be for you. I hope you meet some other riders there so you can ride with someone.

·
Registered
3,479 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Glad he seemed happy. As horses are herd animals I hope he gets along well with the others and can share a pasture and hang together. It is always nice to have a friend you can stand head to tail with and swish flies in July when it is hot and those pesky flies are bothering every horse in North America.

·
Registered
13,524 Posts
Glad things are working out in Toby's new home. I'm glad that you can see him on weekends now too, that seems like optimal riding time.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.