Just Labradors banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
7,955 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Was trash pick-up affected where you live? Apparently around here they don't send them out when it's that cold - they don't have the same mantra as the U.S. Postal Service, I guess!

There was no pick-up Thursday or Friday and they never caught it up. So, we didn't get our trash collected last week at all.

I know it was cold everywhere last week. I just wondered if that happened anywhere else or just around here.

T

·
0 Posts
They didn't pick up either until today...I had trash all over the place because we thought they were coming. My Christmas tree is still in the front of my house because they mailed me last years schedule :ugly:

·
Registered
9,781 Posts
they picked up in -40.

·
Registered
7,955 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
It was -6 and -12 and they didn't come out.

If they applied those rules to you though, Kelli, you'd go all winter without getting your trash collected!

I read in the paper that they were supposed to spend Saturday picking up Thursday and Friday's trash but no one ever came. No one in my neighborhood every pulled in their trash cans either. They've been sitting out there for a week. It's lovely.

·
Registered
9,781 Posts
No kidding.. we'd be screwed.. but i have to say, i wouldn't blame them for skipping the -40 days.. i didn't want to go put my garbage out myself, forget picking up others'.. i felt bad for the outdoor workers last week.

The cold temps are back this weekend.. i've never been this ready for spring in my life.

·
Registered
9,781 Posts
Nick said:
kelli said:
they picked up in -40.
Oh stop trying to make it sound colder, you're just putting it in Celsius.

*grin*
Fine.. -40/-40

better?

·
Registered
44,122 Posts
Wait wait wait. You guys still have the garbage trucks where the men hang off the back? *snicker snicker*
Really? We have one guy that drives and he's got the automatic can-picker-upper-thing on the truck.

·
Registered
26,306 Posts
jzgrlduff said:
Wait wait wait. You guys still have the garbage trucks where the men hang off the back? *snicker snicker*
Really? We have one guy that drives and he's got the automatic can-picker-upper-thing on the truck.
Yep we do. :D

T

·
0 Posts
MidwestGirl said:
jzgrlduff said:
:laugh: Yes, I have guys that hang off the back of the trucks, I'd love to push those men off for not picking up my Christmas tree too.

·
Registered
26,306 Posts
Tundra Aries said:
MidwestGirl said:
jzgrlduff said:
:laugh: Yes, I have guys that hang off the back of the trucks, I'd love to push those men off for not picking up my Christmas tree too.
WAS is their fault? :whistle: :laugh:

·
Registered
7,955 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
jzgrlduff said:
Depends on where you live around here and which trash service you have. From what I've heard, I much prefer the guys hanging off the truck.

·
Registered
6,788 Posts
That doesn't happen here.

I do not blame them for not going out in those bitter temps. I wonder if they still get paid.

·
Registered
44,122 Posts
From what I've heard, I much prefer the guys hanging off the truck.
What did you hear? We've never had any issues. :nerd:

1 - 19 of 19 Posts