Just Labradors banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
2,029 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This is the band in the procession for the changing of the guard at Buckingham Palace.

Closer shot of them.

The flowers at Buckingham Palace were beautiful!

This is the GIANT ferris wheel called the London Eye that we rode. It takes 30 minutes to make a revolution. The cars are enclosed and hold about 25 people.

The Traitor's Gate at the Tower of London. Most prisoners were brought in by boat through this gate.

A view from near the top of the Eye.

A stone circle we saw on our Cotswolds tour. The guide said it is now used by witches. But the stones are like those at Stonehenge, just smaller. Said there were circles like these all over England and Scotland.

A flower garden at one of the inns in the Cotswolds.

Original stocks that people used to be put in, in one of the villages on the Cotswolds tour.

One of the very old inns on the Cotswolds tour.

And one of the rape/canola fields.

Frances

·
Registered
44,122 Posts
Look at the roof on that old Inn! Wow!!!! Beautiful pics once again Frances. Thanks for much for sharing.

You couldn't pay me enough to go on that ferris wheel. :-X

·
Registered
2,029 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I thought the ferris wheel might bother me too, because I don't like them at all, and won't ride a regular one, but somehow the fact that the cages were enclosed and really big helped a LOT!

Frances

·
Registered
28,830 Posts
Your pics are just spectacular, Frances. Thanks so much for taking us on this marvelous virtual tour!

·
Registered
12,928 Posts
;D ;D ;D

You've helped bring back so many wonderful memories of my trip many years ago!! I went at the same time of year...the flowers are so beautiful!!

Thanks for sharing your pics!!

·
Registered
7,913 Posts
Awesome...best of the bunch. ;D

I went on the Eye a couple of years ago. I don't know if they have installed air-conditioning in the pods yet but it was roasting in there. The views were spectacular but I was so hot I couldn't wait to get off...

1 - 10 of 10 Posts