Just Labradors banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
3,782 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I scheduled Bear to get clipped this morning. He will be going in on Tues. :eek: :eek: I didnt know they would give me a date so soon. She mentioned that it would be done by laser so no worry about stitches. Anyone familiar with this? TIA

·
Registered
1,123 Posts
Wow - laser!
I'd love to know more, too.
By the way, how much are they charging you? Will he stay overnight?

G

·
I'm having my female done by laser. But sorry, no experience w/ neuturing here. I did have a friend who had her female altered w/ laser. Amazingly clean incision and had no problems.

·
Registered
3,782 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
mich said:
Wow - laser!
I'd love to know more, too.
By the way, how much are they charging you? Will he stay overnight?
Total for the day is $160. I didnt even pick up the phone and call someone else because I dont want to take him to someone I dont know. He has to be there at 8:30 and I have to get him at 4:30.
ThatsMyGirl said:
I'm having my female done by laser. But sorry, no experience w/ neuturing here. I did have a friend who had her female altered w/ laser. Amazingly clean incision and had no problems.
Thats what makes me feel good about it. I was worried with the 3 dogs here how I would keep Bear settled.

·
Registered
22,832 Posts
Abby was just spayed on March 20 using the laser. She has sutures. The laser is used to cut. Instead of a scapel/knife they use a laser. It cauterizes the vessels as it cuts. Abby's incision looks great. She had a little serous drainage & she has a small pea size bump at the top of her incision but we took her back to the vet for a check of it & she felt Abby may have licked the incision when we had her Elizabethan collar off for a bit. Also, after 4 days we left her out off leash & of course she did not walked down the steps from the deck...she jumped all 5 of them. ::) She feels great now & I was pleased with the spaying.
It was $50.00 more to do it with a laser.

·
Registered
4,075 Posts
They used laser when BEar was nuetered - still had stitches,but the laser is supposed to reduced the healing time.

·
Registered
3,782 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Well now Im going to have to check into this if she mentioned no stitches and there really is...hmmm. Thanks though.

·
Registered
8,330 Posts
bearsmomma said:
Well now Im going to have to check into this if she mentioned no stitches and there really is...hmmm. Thanks though.
Since the laser makes a cleaner incision, maybe they "glue" instead of using stitches.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts