Just Labradors banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
3,193 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Okay, I know that this has come up before, but now that I am doing all sorts of reading in prep for Bali I would appreciate some clarification. Is large breed puppy food or regular adult large breed food better to slow the growth of pups, or is it personal preference? I have really heard both, but don't know what I should do for Bali! A couple of books that I have read reccomend the regular large breed formula while other reccomendations say PLB. HELP!!! :eek:

·
Registered
15,206 Posts
Bob Pr... he has a GREAT post on this subject with all the research.

Personally I'm sticking with Large Breed Puppy (Pro Plan to be exact) until Ender is a year old... then we will find an adult food for him.

·
Registered
3,193 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks Lindsay...that seems like very good advice! There are so many different opinions on the subject it is difficult to make what feels like the "right" decision!

·
Registered
634 Posts
We are sticking with LB Eukenuba puppy food. Tasman does great on it so we'll keep with that untill 12-18 months.

·
Registered
229 Posts
We switched to the large breed Adult because she was starting to gain too much weight. At one year, we also cut her daily intake from 4 cups to 3 (1 morning cup, 2 cups in evening).

·
Registered
6 Posts
Met with the Eukaneuba rep this weekend at the Super retriever series event. He looked at my 6 month-old yellow boy and said to feed the large breed puppy to him. Also made his case for his brand; DHA for brain development, omega fatty acid for coat and protien, etc. I have been on Science Diet, but am changing after talking to all the trainers there and asked what they all fed their dogs.

·
Registered
3 Posts
I have a 4 month old girl i have been giving her science diet puppy food, how do you know that's the right food for her? she is my first and only dog. please advice me. thanks

·
Registered
15,206 Posts
Bella... you may want to start a new thread with this question. Did you get your pup from a breeder, did the breeder recommend that food? Usually breeders know what works best for their dogs so it is best to stick with that... unless there is a problem.

·
Registered
8,472 Posts
BUT oftentimes your vet gets a %age profit on each item sold.

Science Diet PD is sold only through Vets and they make a profit on every unit sold. I think Eukanuba has some similar agreements with some products sold through Vets.

I'd want to carefully assess this aspect.

·
Registered
616 Posts
My breeder sent Miles home with feeding instructions and small packages of what she feeds. Miles eats 50/50 Eukanuba LB puppy and Bil Jac

1 - 13 of 13 Posts