Just Labradors banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all-

Our girl Kaylee is somewhere around 5-6 mnths old. We got her from a shelter and she's definitely got a lot of lab in her, but some folks (vet, lab owner friends, pet store lady) think maybe some border collie, or something else. Her age is a guess and she's about 30 lbs now. Gaining 2- 2.5 lbs a week in the 3 weeks we've had her. We've been feeding her Nutro naturals large breed puppy food lamb and rice, and this week we've been moving her too Innova large breed puppy food.

My question is if she's a mix, should we be feeding her a large breed food? I understand the large breed food's goal of slow,controlled growth for large breed bone and muscle, but could we hurt our girl or hinder her growth by feeding her this when she maybe doesn't need it? Just looking for advice or suggestions....

Thanks all!!!!

-Dan

·
Registered
205 Posts
No, I don't think so. She definitely wouldn't be considered a "small" breed so if the food your are using is working, I'd stay with it. But I would have to say she is more large breed than small.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thaks for the advice. I'll keep feeding her the Innova large breed puppy food,mixed with our usual concoction of a little yogurt,diced carrots and left over steak or pork or whatever from dinner the night before..... :)

-Dan

1 - 4 of 4 Posts