Just Labradors banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
29,548 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I uninstalled a program the other day. Now, everytime I boot up the laptop, the Windows Installer comes up looking for that program. I have to click cancel several times for it to disappear.

Any idea how to get rid of it completely? I thought I did that with the Add/Remove Program. TIA.

·
Registered
10,258 Posts
Is that program checked to run on startup? If so, uncheck it so that it will not try to run on startup. That would be my first guess.

·
Registered
29,548 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Nope checked that and removed everything I could find in the registry for it too.

·
Registered
8,330 Posts
Fom my "computer guru"-
Do you have Windows XP or Vista? Did you uninstall through the Windows Uninstall or the Programs Unistall?

·
Registered
29,548 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Well Sharon and I were PM-ing late last night and nothing worked. So this morning, I reinstalled the program and then used one of Sharon's suggestions to remove it and it's gone. Thanks Sharon and thanks to everyone who answered.

·
Registered
233 Posts
Laura, I was just going to leave you a message on FB. I'm glad to hear that you were able to get that installer to stop running.

·
Registered
29,548 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Nope. It wouldn't do it. The Add/Remove program in Control panel wouldn't do it either.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts