Just Labradors banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
2,113 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
DH and I are going to Lanai for 8 days in April. Lanai is a very small island just off of Maui. Has anyone been? If so, anything that we must see or do? Any restaurant recommendations? We mainly plan to play a lot of golf and relax and the resort, but would love suggestions if people have any. Thx.

·
Registered
7,664 Posts
Never been to Lanai but it sounds lovely. Have a wonderful time.

Maybe Felicia can give you some recommendations?

·
Registered
4,144 Posts
No, I have never been. Thanks for reminding me of that painful fact.
Have fun... :mad:

Soooo Jealous------> ME

B

·
0 Posts
If I ever get to go to Hawaii that's where I want to go, so color me jealous. Please give a full report when you get back. :)

·
Registered
16,476 Posts
I've never been to Lanai even if I live in Hawaii.

From what I heard, it's very slow paced. Golf is good. There should be a lot of snorkeling places. Sightseeing.

Hanging out at the hotel/resort sounds wonderful. Will you be staying at Manele Bay? Lodge at Koele?

Have fun!

P

·
0 Posts
I was lucky enough to have a month on Oahu with my step-sis way back. I took a weekend and went to Kauai. Never been to Lanai.

I do recommend to find a Luau to go to. It was so much fun.

·
Registered
2,113 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
zoesmom said:
I've never been to Lanai even if I live in Hawaii.

From what I heard, it's very slow paced. Golf is good. There should be a lot of snorkeling places. Sightseeing.

Hanging out at the hotel/resort sounds wonderful. Will you be staying at Manele Bay? Lodge at Koele?

Have fun!
Manele Bay, but we have the option to "use" the Lodge -- like to go to their afternoon tea. Knowing us, we'll never leave the golf course/beach/pool. :)

·
Registered
16,129 Posts
Oooooh. Lanai is very exclusive, isn't it? Lots of superrich people have houses there. I've heard it's gorgeous, and very quiet.

Lucky you! We are hoping to go the Big Island in June, if we can get our acts together.

·
Registered
2,113 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
theoconbrio said:
Oooooh. Lanai is very exclusive, isn't it? Lots of superrich people have houses there. I've heard it's gorgeous, and very quiet.

Lucky you! We are hoping to go the Big Island in June, if we can get our acts together.
Lanai is supposedly pretty secluded. They have a small airport, but we are taking the ferry from Maui. I am so ready for some rest and relaxation. The Big Island is awesome. We were there in Sept. 2005. I really love Hawaii. Oh -- and I am so lucky because my parents are coming down from Las Vegas to get Rogie so that he doesn't have to go to the kennel. He will be able to stay with them and their two dogs and then my Dad will bring him back when we return. :)

·
Registered
16,476 Posts
theoconbrio said:

That's where Bill Gates got married. He rented out the whole hotel. :eek:

M

·
0 Posts
I've stayed at the Lodge and Manele and Manele is probably my favorite. I don't know if they still offer the meal plans, but we did the "two a day" which worked out well, having a large brunch, then coasting thru the day with pool side snacks (taro chips are great) and then a big appetite for dinner.

Driving the island is fairly boring except when you near the coastline, since the roads to the beaches tend to be narrow and winding. Shipwreck beach on the north side if popular, but all beaches on the north side of the islands can be windy and choppy. The best beach is literally just a few yards away from the hotel.

Oddly enough, I found the garden level suites nicer than the upper floor rooms. You may not have a view of the ocean, but being able to walk thru the wooden sliders right onto the grass and grounds was very nice.

·
Registered
2,113 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
MTI said:
I've stayed at the Lodge and Manele and Manele is probably my favorite. I don't know if they still offer the meal plans, but we did the "two a day" which worked out well, having a large brunch, then coasting thru the day with pool side snacks (taro chips are great) and then a big appetite for dinner.

Driving the island is fairly boring except when you near the coastline, since the roads to the beaches tend to be narrow and winding. Shipwreck beach on the north side if popular, but all beaches on the north side of the islands can be windy and choppy. The best beach is literally just a few yards away from the hotel.

Oddly enough, I found the garden level suites nicer than the upper floor rooms. You may not have a view of the ocean, but being able to walk thru the wooden sliders right onto the grass and grounds was very nice.
Great. Thanks. We have a garden room -- it was all they had left and are doing the golf and spa package.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts