Just Labradors banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
11,362 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Alright ladies, it's that time of year once again!!! I think we need to be reminded of a few things. So my sisters, PLEASE, raise your big toes and repeat after me below...

The Open Toed Shoe Pledge
As a member of the Cute Girl Sisterhood, I pledge to follow the Rules when wearing sandals and other open-toe shoes:

I promise to always wear sandals that fit. My toes will not hang over and touch the ground, nor will my heels spill over the backs. And the sides and tops of my feet will not pudge out between the straps.

I will go polish-free or vow to keep the polish fresh, intact and chip-free.
I will not cheat and just touch up my big toe.

I will sand down any mounds of skin before they turn hard and yellow.

I will shave the hairs off my big toe.

I won't wear pantyhose even if my misinformed girlfriend, coworker, mother, sister tells me the toe seam really will stay under my toes if I tuck it there.

If a strap breaks, I won't duct-tape, pin, glue or tuck it back! into place hoping it will stay put. I will get my shoe fixed or toss it.

I will not live in corn denial; rather I will lean on my good friend Dr. Scholl's if my feet need him.

I will resist the urge to buy jelly shoes at Payless for the low, low price of $4.99 even if my feet are small enough to fit into the kids' sizes. This is out of concern for my safety, and the safety of others. No one can walk properly when standing in a pool of sweat and I would hate to take someone down with me as I fall and break my ankle.

I will take my toe ring off toward the end of the day if my toes swell and begin to look like Vienna sausages.

I will be brutally honest with my girlfriend/sister/coworker when she asks me if her feet are too ugly to wear sandals. Someone has to tell her that her toes are as long as my fingers and no sandal makes creepy feet look good.

I will promise if I wear flip flops that I will ensure that they actually flip and flop, making the correct noise while walking and I will swear NOT to slide or drag my feet while wearing them.

I will promise to go to my local nail salon at least once per season and have a real pedicure (they are about $20 or $25 and worth EVERY penny).

I will promise to throw away any white/off-white sandals that show signs of wear... nothing is tackier than dirty white sandals.

:D:D:D:D

·
Registered
4,824 Posts
I will promise to go to my local nail salon at least once per season and have a real pedicure (they are about $20 or $25 and worth EVERY penny).
Once a season... :eek:

How about every 2-3 weeks. At least that is how often I go during the warm (spring-summer-fall). I hate having chipped up polish & mangy looking feet in sandals.

Besides it feels soooo good!!! *swoon*

·
Registered
618 Posts
Crocs are not considered part of summer attire! THROW THEM OUT!

·
Registered
10,257 Posts
Blurf

Hurk

·
Registered
10,257 Posts
I still get the wig-wams over the mere THOUGHT of a Pedia-Egg. And emptying that chamber.

BLGLBLGLBLGLBLGLBLGLBLGLBLG....

·
Registered
6,114 Posts
Can we have a rule regarding the wearing of sandals when your second toe is freakishly longer than your big toe?

·
Registered
8,070 Posts
I just made an appt for an hour long spa pedicure! My (ex) coworkers all chipped in and gave me a generous gift certificate to a really nice spa when I was laid off. I've only used it for a brow wax so far (and it was the best I've had!).

·
Registered
11,990 Posts
I just made an appt for an hour long spa pedicure! My (ex) coworkers all chipped in and gave me a generous gift certificate to a really nice spa when I was laid off. I've only used it for a brow wax so far (and it was the best I've had!).
A friend just called me last night to do a spa day with her at this fancy schmancy place near here called "The Fountain". I never have done this before and I know I will want to bail on the day we are supposed to go - - - but I will probably enjoy it once I actually get there. It will be for the whole 9 yards - steam bath, full body massage (I may need a Valium first), facial, mani and pedi and "spa cuisine" lunch.

I have major personal space issues - this could send me over the edge.

·
Registered
8,070 Posts
A friend just called me last night to do a spa day with her at this fancy schmancy place near here called "The Fountain". I never have done this before and I know I will want to bail on the day we are supposed to go - - - but I will probably enjoy it once I actually get there. It will be for the whole 9 yards - steam bath, full body massage (I may need a Valium first), facial, mani and pedi and "spa cuisine" lunch.

I have major personal space issues - this could send me over the edge.

That sounds heavenly! I am sure once you are there you will ease into it. Kind of like child birth, by the end you don't care who gets up in your business, lol, but waaaaaaayyyyy nicer feeling. Massages are so nice, and they are trained to drape the cover to provide you with modesty, no worries! Modesty only really goes out the window with a brazilian, not really anywhere to hide with that one.

·
Registered
21,715 Posts
break out the pedi egg!!

This whole pledge is killing me!!! :)
Me too, I have one foot, yes just one and don't ask me why- the other one looks quite normal, that is too ugly to wear sandals and I don't give a ****- I officially pledge too wear them anyway!:p:D:D A long with my white legs in short's! Luckily DH loves me anyway!

·
Registered
11,990 Posts
That sounds heavenly! I am sure once you are there you will ease into it. Kind of like child birth, by the end you don't care who gets up in your business, lol, but waaaaaaayyyyy nicer feeling. Massages are so nice, and they are trained to drape the cover to provide you with modesty, no worries! Modesty only really goes out the window with a brazilian, not really anywhere to hide with that one.
LOL on the childbirth flashback! Yep - I think I recall med students waltzing into my room while I was in heavy labor with all parts visible - I was simultaneously horrified and indifferent.

And that Brazilian thing - they will be skating in hell when I let that happen. :eek:

·
Registered
8,657 Posts
OK - I can do all that EXCEPT just polishing the big toe for a "touch-up" (I SWEAR the other toes look ok), and shaving my toes - oops - just looked at my toes and I actually don't have hair on them! But I still wouldn't shave it, even if I did.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts