Just Labradors banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
12,420 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am having this procedure on Monday to determine if I will have surgery. I just wondered what to expect. Is it painful? :eek: I am so freaking scared. It looks as though I'll probably have to have a hysterectomy possibly as early as next week. Moral support please???;)

·
Registered
23,457 Posts
Not sure what the procedure is, sounds like a type of sonogram.

You will be so happy after the hysterectomy, trust me! No more periods! If they take both ovaries, you will go into fast menopause, so may need meds for it. Otherwise, it's great. :)

·
Registered
2,223 Posts
If this is the one where they put the dye in and then take a look I have had it - take an advil or tylenol before you go in - it is only slightly uncomfortable no worse than your yearly.

·
Registered
5,146 Posts
I am having this procedure on Monday to determine if I will have surgery. I just wondered what to expect. Is it painful? :eek: I am so freaking scared. It looks as though I'll probably have to have a hysterectomy possibly as early as next week. Moral support please???;)
Yes. I have. They inject dye into your cervix. It's used to tell about internal uterine anomalies and to check your tubes.

I found it wasn't too bad until he injected the dye and then it was about 30 seconds of excruciating pain. My tubes were open.

I took Ibuprofen before it and should have taken more after.

It's bearable, but unpleasant enough that I wouldn't volunteer for another.

Some women like Sharon, don't have as much pain as I did.

·
Registered
2,223 Posts
And I didn'thave any pain at all ....I did take Advil an hour before - oh and bring a pad or liner - the dye can leak out after...

·
Registered
6,114 Posts
And I didn'thave any pain at all ....I did take Advil an hour before - oh and bring a pad or liner - the dye can leak out after...
Now that is some useful advice. One of those things the doctor would never think to tell you.

·
Registered
903 Posts
I didn't have any pain. It was a little uncomfortable when they were threading the tube through the cervix but that was it. I found the leaking during the picture-taking a little weird but that was it.

I second the pad and if you're worried, ask if you can take some ibuprofen before the procedure.

·
Registered
4,425 Posts
it was about 30 seconds of excruciating pain.

...It's bearable, but unpleasant ...
i realize i cut that up a bit.. but hey! You can't have it both ways.. excruciating is not bearable and/or unpleasant!!!

=)

·
Registered
5,146 Posts
i realize i cut that up a bit.. but hey! You can't have it both ways.. excruciating is not bearable and/or unpleasant!!!

=)

bearable because the excruciating pain didn't last very long.............
:p

http://www.amazingpregnancy.com/pregnancy-articles/241.html

I think the HSG is purported to be more uncomfortable, but I can't compare. Take some pain meds before and after and good luck. I'm sure you'll be okay.

And as it turns out I haven't had one. I had a Hysterosalpingogram(HSG)

http://www.sharedjourney.com/define/hsg.html

·
Registered
6,548 Posts
yep looks like I had the HSG not the Sono....for what it's worth the sono sounds a lot less painful !
I had the HSG too. It's been several years, but I just remember it feeling 'pinchy', if that makes sense.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts