Just Labradors banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
10,345 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
If I had any doubts about whether Tal has any aggression issues they were pretty much laid to rest tonight. He has never shown the slightest inclination towards it but this made me smile...

I usually give Tal a bone with marrow sometime over the weekend but I guess with all the sadness and all this week I decided to give him a small one tonight along with a big hug as a special treat.

He decided he wanted to play keep away with me using his bone as the object. He gave me his play bow, play growl and everything. Right in the middle of it all, I commanded him to "let it go" (my version of leave it) and he put it in my hand. I then said "down" he did and I returned his bone to him.

·
Registered
21,715 Posts
Good boy Tal, yeah I have yet to an agressive bone in Sammi. Except for a small warning growl to a strange man at the park one day! Which since I was by myself, was happy to hear from her ;)- Other wise its usually waggle butt and kisses for most everyone, even if your messing with her marrow bone, which she loves more then most things in life!

·
Registered
3,110 Posts
That's terrific ;)

·
Registered
22,832 Posts
Good boy Tal. My girls have never shown any aggressive behavior either. Very early in their lives I always made a point of teaching them to "leave it" no matter what it was in their mouths. Maybe it isn't the correct thing to do but I even have taken things out of their mouths. I had to do this with having little grandkids. Even watching all of them closely, you never know when a kid will grab one of their toys from them. I have never seen any displays of agression on the rare times a little one will reach out for a toy in their mouth. They just sit & wait for the toy to be given back to them.

Keep up the good behavior Tal. :) You are a really good boy.

·
Registered
2,541 Posts
WTG Tal!

If I take something out of Eddie's mouth he gets this really excited look on his face: "what now Mom?"

Fanny's face is: "where are you going with my bone?" she may even give me a little bark if she doesn't get it back (hey, where's my bone?) but I don't get growls from either of them.

·
Registered
23,457 Posts
What a good boy you are, Tal!

(Bill and I both think Tal looks like a masculine version of Shadow)

·
Registered
10,345 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Yeah Tal has never shown any signs of aggression and if he were believe me it would be over his bone treats! I thought it was funny he used it to play keep away with me...goober.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts