Just Labradors banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
6,512 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
After being locked in my bedroom two days in a row so furniture could be moved out Nellie will not go upstairs unless I'm already in bed for the night. ;D I tried to entice her up yesterday afternoon and she tucked tail and ran as fast as she could. LOL

·
Registered
3,339 Posts
LOLOLOL.
they are too smart!
nellie says, "you can fool me once, but that's IT mom!" ;D

·
Registered
44,122 Posts
Awww poor Nellie! :angel:

·
Registered
6,666 Posts
They are very smart. Sam recently outsmarted us. About half way through the night he was getting in bed with us, but we decided that he should go back to sleeping in his dog bed all night. Sam is very good, and would always ask permission before getting up on our bed. He'd wake me up by bumping his chin on my side of the mattress and make sure I said it was ok before he'd jump up. So after we decided he'd have to stay in his bed, he woke me two nights in a row only to have me tell him to go back to his bed, which he did with a big flop and a sigh. He decided he wasn't going to ask any more if he was going to be told no, so starting on the third night he just jumped in our bed without asking. He's over four and had never gotten on any furniture without asking permission first, but as soon as he was told no twice in a row, he decided not to ask anymore. He's now back in bed with us every night (and asking again now that we're saying ok). ::)

·
Registered
12,928 Posts
LOL; doesn't take them long to catch on does it? I have that problem now with Zena and Dutch when I get ready to leave the house. They won't come in the family room because they know they are gonna get left...they know exactly I'm planning on leaving and baricade the front door! Smarties!!

·
Registered
2,622 Posts
Smart Nellie :D

Gus is the same with his ears drops. He will run in the other direction as soon as I get them out of the cupboard..........in fact he has started to run away as soon as I THINK about getting the drops out ;D

1 - 11 of 11 Posts