Just Labradors banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi Friends..!!!

This is Destiny M Jones I have Breed the Labrador Puppy .But I don't Know Howmany times give the Food. Please Suggest me..

·
Registered
1,642 Posts
For a puppy three times a day. For an adult two times a day. Be careful on the portions. A Lab will eat everything and anything, including your most prised positions so watch him closely..

·
Registered
3 Posts
How old is your puppy? Very young puppies need frequent smaller meals, 3-5 times per day for 7-12 week old puppies. If you cut back too soon, your pup may end up with "hunger puking". This happens when the dog's stomach is empty for too long and fills with digestive juices that have no work to do. The stomach gets irritated and dog vomits up a yellow liquid (sometimes foamy). You can avoid this by feeding as late in the evening as possible. Even with my 22 month old Lab, I still need to feed him a meal between 10-11 PM. If I try to get back to 2 meals per day, after a few weeks, he starts to vomit bile 5-6 AM. Doesn't happen to all dogs - my older lab has been fine with 2 meals per day for the past 4 years, but it took her till she was 3 to get past the hunger puking stage. And my 10 year old Golden mix never had the problem at all!

1 - 3 of 3 Posts