Just Labradors banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
13,489 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm not sure I understood everything. Like the hip pictures, which one was the good one and which one was the bad. Also, view from the back. Libby has started to stand like this more since she's older. Should I be concerned? She had xrays for hip dislplasia (sp) and passed with flying colors. Is it something that can set in later in life? And what is a hobby kennel? That gave me a negative feeling. I guess I should have posted this over there.

·
Registered
29,548 Posts
The bad x-rays are on the left. Look closely. See how the hip balls on the right are in the socket? Not so with the left ones.

It's not uncommon for dogs as they get older to lose the muscling in their rears, and ending up cow-hocked at times (the rear pictures). Keep those muscles as tight as you can. It will help the dog tremendously.

A hobby kennel is generally a reputable breeder.

My biggest complaint with the post is that I'm sure didn't get permission to use the breeder's/owner's pictures as examples. I'd be pissed if I saw one of mine being used as a "bad" example, even if I knew the dog was.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts