Just Labradors banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
7,352 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Cinnamon is the first dog I have had that really wags her tail in her sleep and of course she moves her legs like she is chasing something. But last night she took it to a new level.

If I am laying on my side she will lay on her side with her butt up against my thigh and her whole body pressed against my leg. She puts the her head against my ankle so her nose is going down my foot. Last night I was reading and we were laying like this when she starts to move her legs then her tails starts thumping after about 20 seconds of this she starts to lick my toes in her sleep. This goes on for about a minute the before she stops. But the whole time I am thinking please don't let her be dreaming about a new bone. You see she licks her bones all over before she chews them so I had visions of her suddenly chomping on a toe or two.

I have never had a dog be as active in their sleep as she is.

·
Registered
358 Posts
HELLLLLLOOOOOOOO CINNAMON!

How are you! That is too funny. Dont you just love when they do things like that. Every once in a while Kaycie will whine just a tiny bit, like she's talking in her sleep. Almost a whisper bark lol. Every time we hear her we just laugh because it is so funny. Reminds me of the Fox and the Hound.

Dont bite your momma's toes silly girl.

·
Registered
8,752 Posts
Henery's an all out dreamer too! All four paws flailing, nose twitching, dream-barks and growls and everything!! And the tail, love the happy tail thump! :D In fact, he woke me up last night, having the most wonderful dream! :D

·
Registered
2,573 Posts
cinder will also howl in her sleep and it scares the crap out of my husband and i. she also runs in her sleep because she runs all the time during the day. we usually wake her up so she can get a deeper sleep. it's funny how dogs are.

·
Registered
1,662 Posts
2labsmom said:
cinder will also howl in her sleep and it scares the crap out of my husband and i. she also runs in her sleep because she runs all the time during the day. we usually wake her up so she can get a deeper sleep. it's funny how dogs are.
Scaring the crap out of you! Boy your not kidding! If I'm in the bedroom and she is in the living room when she does this I am up right now!
Olie

·
Registered
2,573 Posts
oonas dad- it's worse for us because she sleeps on the bed with us and it's usually right in the middle of our REM sleep.

·
Registered
1,908 Posts
Thor is a whimper-er in his sleep and a runner. Sometimes he growls in the middle of the night and scares BOTH of us awake! :p

·
Registered
1,662 Posts
I used to let Oona sleep in the bed with me, but she likes to sleep sideways, or with her butt in my face. :-X With all of the dreaming, leg kicking and her getting up in the middle of the night wanting to get down I had to evict her from the bed. ;D
Olie

·
Registered
11,079 Posts
That's funny, last night must have been the night for doggy dreams. Blackie was snuggled up against me and woke me up when she started to bark (well, it a silent sort of bark) and started running in her sleep. :)

·
Registered
3,287 Posts
Tucker is always smelling something in his sleep (his nose twitches visibly) and running. Occasionally he will thump his tail or let out a little yelp. I love watching him while this is going on!

·
Registered
2,541 Posts
My two, whimper, bark, yelp, run, twitch, snort and snore. The yelping is scary, the running hurts when our backs are the running track and the bark can wake us up out of a dead sleep with our hearts in our mouths!

·
Registered
10,345 Posts
Tal is very boring when he sleeps..not that it is a bad thing..shortly after I brought him home he jerked in his sleep but hasn't since he was about 2 months old...

1 - 14 of 14 Posts