Just Labradors banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
3,575 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I wish I had a picture to share. I will try to get one tonight since he does it all the time. Anyways. Mambo almost always has a smile on his face. Unless he is told No. When either Jerome or I tell Mambo No, Down, Sit. He responds with a whine or underbreath growl. Than he will go sit in the corner and turn his back to me. If that doesn't get him what he wants he will walk in front of us. and curl one side of his lip.

Last night I was playing video games and had my feet on Mambos bed (AKA Ottoman) He wanted up there and I told him No. He than plops his front two feet down and curls his lip at me. Its pretty funny. Pictures are a must. Kinda looks like a dog thats showing his teeth, but its not the same. Only one side is done. Always like this. HE only does it when we tell him something he doesn't like. Its really funny. I can yell at him from the other room to get off the couch and walk in the room 10 minutes later. He will be sitting there pouting with his lip curled. Funny thing is if I say You better uncurl your lip. He does.

Anyone else have a lab with attitude ??

He was mad I was trying to make him work for a treat. I kept asking for his paw.

He wanted to lay on the couch next to me, but Romey wasn't having it.

·
Registered
2,265 Posts
Re: Labattitude anyone?

Absolutely.

Larry is sassy, no way around it. If he's all riled up and excited about something and you tell him to do something, he does it, but he'll sass you WHILE he's doing it. So you'll say "down" and he'll immediately lay down, all the while going "rahrr rrr oooo" and telling you what he thinks.

It's pretty funny. :) It's one of those things that we try not to smile or laugh, since he's being rude, but it really makes me want to giggle.

·
Registered
3,575 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Re: Labattitude anyone?

Oh yes, I know the lay down but tell me your not happy routine very well.

I think its really funny. ;D

G

·
Jake has a major attitude. If I tell him go lay down....he will lay down and let out a rrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr growl noise. Also if he wants my attention and I am not giving it to him he will let out these dramatic sighs. Oh he has such a rough life ;)

The pics are so funny!!! Mambo is a trip!

·
Registered
13,529 Posts
LOL!! That is really funny! I love his pics. He has such an expressive face Amanda.

Abby has a bit of 'tude from time to time. But only really towards my SU - if he's on the couch and she wants up, she will bonk him with her nose. When that fails to get him to move, she will growl/moan at the same time. It's pretty funny.

But that doesn't compare to Mambo's lip curl, that is priceless!!

·
Registered
3,575 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Aww. Mambo does the growl/moan too. But he will always have his back turned at us when he does it.

The growl moans are pretty funny. Kinda like a kid talking back. ;D

·
Registered
1,908 Posts
LMAO @ Mambo's 'tude pics! He is too cute! ;D

Thor used to SASS me all the time when he was a pup. He hasn't done it much lately, but Thor has that one sided lip curl too when I am making him do something that he doesn't wanna do (like dressing him up ;D)

:-* to Mambo!

·
Registered
3,575 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
liveelayne said:
LMAO @ Mambo's 'tude pics! He is too cute! ;D

Thor used to SASS me all the time when he was a pup. He hasn't done it much lately, but Thor has that one sided lip curl too when I am making him do something that he doesn't wanna do (like dressing him up ;D)

:-* to Mambo!
Take a picture next time. I would love to see him being sassy.

·
Registered
1,908 Posts
Hee hee, I'm trying to find them. I can only get to my pics on Shutterfly cuz work blocked Photobucket. I will post them when I find them :)

·
Registered
1,908 Posts
FOUND EM! Or shall I say, I found some:

Here he is with the one sided lip curl (all mad cuz I put that jacket on him :D):

He's all grumbly here too b/c I asked him to sit so that I could take a pic with him with his new bandana (this was when he was a puppy):

And this one, the flash woke him up. Can't you just see the attitudiness in his face? ::)

·
Registered
3,575 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Those are adorbale. I was thinking it was just a mambo thing. But I see its not. Why do I think its so funny when he is trying to be ugly?

·
Registered
10,345 Posts
Sometimes when I am sitting at the computer Tal will come up, nudge my wrist then proceed to push the keyboard shelf back into the desk. Then gives me that "I'm too cute to ignore look." It really gets me everytime when he has his toy in his mouth to play tug o war and/or keep away...

1 - 20 of 26 Posts