Just Labradors banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
1,678 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
to be baptised! He'll go to a class Wed where the Pastor will explain the details and make sure everyone understands the choice. This Saturday on Valentines day, he'll be baptised. I'm very excited for him and on Valentines day! How cool!

·
Registered
44,122 Posts
I don't understand, Laur. Weren't your boys baptised as babies?

·
Registered
13,130 Posts
jzgrlduff said:
That was my question also. Since church and faith seems to be such a big part of your family I would think this would have been SOP.

·
Registered
1,678 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
jzgrlduff said:
No. I/we believe baptisim is a personal choice. My boys were dedicated to the Lord as babies.

(Similar in meaning to those who baptize babies and when a child had their dedication as a teenager.)

·
Registered
7,955 Posts
Very exciting, Laurie!

Not all churches/denominations baptize infants. A lot wait until the child is old enough to make the decision for him/herself. Ours is the same, with the dedication as infants.

·
Registered
44,122 Posts
Not all churches/denominations baptize infants. A lot wait until the child is old enough to make the decision for him/herself.
I didn't know that. I think that's great!!

My boys were dedicated to the Lord as babies.
Nice. :happy:

·
Registered
4,595 Posts
Good for him! :)

Our religion (Church of Christ) waits until a person decides for theirself too.

·
Registered
20,085 Posts
:happy: :happy: :happy:

We Roman Catholics are baptised as babies and then, as teens, re-affirm our commitment to the church with the guidance of the Holy Spirit in Confirmation. Claire is being Confirmed this May.

·
Registered
13,130 Posts
dweck said:
:happy: :happy: :happy:

We Roman Catholics are baptised as babies and then, as teens, re-affirm our commitment to the church with the guidance of the Holy Spirit in Confirmation.
Yep, I didn't get confirmed though. I dropped out of cadicism (sp) in 7th grade. It was the same night as ski club and she that was more important to me.

·
Registered
6,054 Posts
That is wonderful Laurie!!
I am Southern Baptist, we don't baptize infants. We wait until they are old enough to decide for themselves.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts