Just Labradors banner

Which name do you like more?

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Since it appears I can't add a poll to my existing thread about deciding on a name for my new puppy I have to start a new one.

Anyway, I think I've decided on Kunae or add an O and get Kounae. I really like the way both sound, they're easy & quick to say and quite unique! {but I think I like Kunae more} What do you all like more and why if you decide to post!?

• Kunae is pronounced Kuu-nae
  • Kounae is pronounced Koh-nae

Neither of these names show up any name list and I've checked dozens of them, but I really like the meaning behind Kuniko - "Child of the Country" which is a female name, and I've been unable to find a male name with the same or similar meaning. Thus whichever name I end up deciding on will get this meaning behind the name since neither exist out there!

·
Registered
11,990 Posts
To me they sound like Cooney - or Coney. Don't sound Japanese to me if that is what you were aiming for. I did like Kenji.

How about Matsui (said the Yankee fan)?

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
To me they sound like Cooney - or Coney. Don't sound Japanese to me if that is what you were aiming for. I did like Kenji.

How about Matsui (said the Yankee fan)?
That they do if you put too much emphasis on the E, but rather the A! I like them, but I'm having a tough time finding {I guess 'better'} names that I'll like for long term.

Nobody here or elsewhere has given me any suggestions I like yet...

·
Registered
24 Posts
IMHO, I would choose neither one. That is just me.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 · (Edited)
Well, in what free-time I've had today I think I've browsed through thousands of names and nothing has caught my eye, is unique and rare enough or just sounds good to me when I look at my new pup and say it.

Every time I do this I go back to Kunae as the one that stands out and sounds good to me. Not only does it fit his personality well...but he responds to it already too...

Thanks to all that voted and whom responded with positive thoughts that tried to help me in both my threads.

My new pups name is Kunae!

1 - 12 of 12 Posts