Just Labradors banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
16,472 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I love Korean food; all that garlic and hot sauce, but I eat it only on weekends when I know I'm going to sweat it out by Monday.

Kimchee...kal bi....the noodles...

ooooh, and we just had some Korean chop-chop salad w/great sauces topped with Taegu. Yum!

(okay, I just googled taegu but there are no hits. It's prepared, spicy, shredded pollock)

·
Registered
4,595 Posts
I've never had it before.

·
Registered
10,007 Posts
The cosie (camp cook) out in Newbrassky loves it and makes homemade Kim-Chee from time to time, have made some Korean food a time or two for small groups in historical camps, even got a story as to how come I know how to make it. ;D

·
Registered
16,472 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
delmonico said:
The cosie (camp cook) out in Newbrassky loves it and makes homemade Kim-Chee from time to time, have made some Korean food a time or two for small groups in historical camps, even got a story as to how come I know how to make it. ;D
please tell; I'm interested.

·
Registered
9,226 Posts
I am not sure I like Korean food. If it sauce heavy,I would say I probably wouldn't care for it.
I have seen recipes for Kim-chee and I think I would love it.

·
Registered
13,418 Posts
I've never had Korean food. I'd definitely try it, though.

·
Registered
163 Posts
My wife is probably making bi bim bap for lunch tomorrow. I like more Korean food than I thought I would, but I've never developed a taste for kim chee. When we were in Korea last year I found many things to eat that I like. I was worried that I wouldn't like anything.

·
Registered
10,007 Posts
zoesmom said:
delmonico said:
In his many travels Delmonico has met many folks through out the West, a man from The Celesial Kingdom (China was often called that in this time period) who had spent some time in Chosen (Korea) taught him some of the dishes from that little known land west of the Sandwich Islands.

A retired Eglish Army Officer who had spent time in Arabia taught me to make Turkish Coffee when he worked for him on his western hunting trip. ;D (My beloved Esspressooos are not PC. (Period Correct)

In the Living History game stuff like that is OK and fun if you can make the story work. ;)

Did ya ever want to have an alter ego? Heck not only do I have one, I help folks build them. ;D

·
Registered
1,965 Posts
I lived in Korea for over a year. I love bulgogi and kim-chi. I thinkk I liked the cucumber kim-chi best though. I often thought of looking up a Bulgogi recipe but have not yet.

·
Registered
1,767 Posts
I have a great bulgogi recipe, the pork has quite the shopping list but for the beef it's a breeze. My favorite summertime meal to throw it on the grill after letting it soak. I'll look it up later.

·
Registered
4,144 Posts
delmonico said:
zoesmom said:
delmonico said:
In his many travels Delmonico has met many folks through out the West, a man from The Celesial Kingdom (China was often called that in this time period) who had spent some time in Chosen (Korea) taught him some of the dishes from that little known land west of the Sandwich Islands.

A retired Eglish Army Officer who had spent time in Arabia taught me to make Turkish Coffee when he worked for him on his western hunting trip. ;D (My beloved Esspressooos are not PC. (Period Correct)

In the Living History game stuff like that is OK and fun if you can make the story work. ;)

Did ya ever want to have an alter ego? Heck not only do I have one, I help folks build them. ;D
That's pretty cool!

I've only had Kimchee, but I liked it...

·
Registered
10,007 Posts
I have an event the 1-3rd of June, might have to make some Kim-Chee and take it along, if it don't look like it's gonna be real hot, I just hate transportin' it in warm weather and my ice chest is often too full of meat for a 1/2 gallon jar.

1 - 20 of 24 Posts