Just Labradors banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I know I saw someone post something about this previously, but I can't find it! Can everyone tell me what their favorite, healthy Kong filling is? I do a little bit of peanut butter, and some smashed bananas, but other than that, I don't know what is healthy enough to give to a.) a 12 week old pup, and b.) a five year old lab a couple of times daily.
Thanks guys!
Meg

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
OK--nevermind! I used the "search" function. I know--what a concept, Meg...Duh.... I found the old thread about this.

·
Registered
10,230 Posts
I use PB, kibble, banannas, chez wiz (only small amounts to close holes), noodles, mac and cheese, yogurt (must freeze), mashed potatoes, apples. A lot of time I get bigger treats that barley fit in the kong and put some pb in first then stuff the treat in there it takes Mocha a lot longer to eat that way and uses less pb or other filler.

·
Registered
4,364 Posts
megsmarch88 said:
OK--nevermind! I used the "search" function. I know--what a concept, Meg...Duh.... I found the old thread about this.
ROFL! :laugh: :laugh:

Sorry I just had to laugh about the "search" function :p :p
hmmm not sure if you are familiar but there was a post made related to the "search" function thing...heheh just reminded me of that thread :p

·
Registered
3,514 Posts
a great fruit alternative is baby food. I layer kibble, carrots and other goodies with baby food and then freeze.

Oh you don't have to use just the friut variety. I use the chicken and rice baby food too.

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Buckyball,
No, I am relativley new to JL (as evidenced by my idiocy about the "search function.) I'll bet the thread about the search function is interesting. ;) I guess I will have to search for the search thread using the search function!! :D :D Haha...I'm a dork.

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
cinderbaylabs said:
a great fruit alternative is baby food. I layer kibble, carrots and other goodies with baby food and then freeze.

Oh you don't have to use just the friut variety. I use the chicken and rice baby food too.
Oh--that is a GREAT idea. I will definitely try that! Thanks!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts