Just Labradors banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
2,348 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I see she is home.

Kelli, I hope everything continues to go well for her and that the crate time passes quickly.

Everyone on the board who was able to pitch in via their contributions, prayers or good thoughts has done a special deed for a special lab. To honor the memory of Ma like this would make her very happy. I am sure she is watching from Heaven with a big smile on her face right now. Her birthday is in a few weeks. I hope this tribute to her will help John, Nikki and young John ease their pain.

·
Registered
23,457 Posts
Thank You, God! :) May Koda be as calm and quiet during this recuperation as she was through the first one, and may she be completely whole and sound when it is all over!

·
Registered
4,425 Posts
Isn't that picture of her asleep with her head up, front leg resting on the ledge of the ortho bed a hoot? she looks so relaxed..

What do you guys think of that inflate-a-ecollar? I'm unsure right now if it's going to do the job.. i hope so.. it's less painful to the back of my legs than her cone =)

·
Registered
23,457 Posts
The inflatable e-collar looks so much more comfortable than a cone! I hope it does the job for Koda. How is she doing now?

·
Registered
4,425 Posts
She's sleeping.. i took her out for a pee around 8:30 and she came back in and went straight to her crate.. good girl =)

·
Registered
6,548 Posts
Just had a chance to read the blog and check in on everything for the first time since Friday. I'm glad she's doing so well!

·
Registered
44,122 Posts
Just read the blog, Kel, and I'm jumping for joy!!!!!!!! She is one amazing girl, that Koda. :D

Prayers that there are no bumps in the road to recovery.

·
Registered
4,425 Posts
She's already getting whiny in that crate.. i think she feels a lot better today which seems to be faster than her last surgery.. i wish i had done a blog for the first one because it would be nice to compare..

I don't think i'm going to leave the inflatable ecollar on her tomorrow.. if she sits up she can get to her incision.. i'm going to have to cone her when i'm at work.. but it works fine for now and she hasn't really gone after the incision at all.. i think the last time she had the swelling and it bothered her which is why she licked it.. this time it seems to be healing well.. man.. i really wish i knew when that problem started last time..

Man.. i hope this whining stops.. she didn't whine much at all last time.. she's got another 8 weeks in there.. we'll both go crazy, at this rate =)

·
Registered
6,548 Posts
Is there any way you can find it in a search at the old JL, Kelli? Just so you know when you're past that point. (the swelling)

·
Registered
4,425 Posts
okay.. it would appear that it happened 10 days after surgery.. but it started leaking a day or two before it swelled.. we're on day 5 today =)

Thanks melissa.. i don't know why i hadn't thought of that =)

·
Registered
44,122 Posts
i think the last time she had the swelling and it bothered her which is why she licked it.. this time it seems to be healing well.. man.. i really wish i knew when that problem started last time..
Well ****. I was going to say look up the old posts. Too late! :D

1 - 17 of 17 Posts