Just Labradors banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
3,898 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've been thinking about Koda and her legs recently. Almost a year since surgeries...how is she doing? Any new pictures of them two?

·
Registered
4,425 Posts
hi!

Koda.. omg where to start.. that girl is so full of herself it's not even funny.. she's hilarious and i've nicknamed her the bulldozer.. she moves for no one and prefers to go through, on top of others to get where she's going, rather than around.

She is an absolutely joy to have around.. the most cuddly dog i've ever had the pleasure of snuggling with.. she has no desire to live in her own space, much preferring to invade my own.. she's the ultimate winter blanket.

She's 2 and a half and still crated during the day because she's a lil brat who enjoys the counter surfing.. she also likes to pull clothes off chairs and drag them into the living room to lay on them. She's the instigator, because she seems to like to steal things, but doesn't normally destor them (there was this shoe though...) but TUCKER will finish off that job for her.. she's so funny, i just love her to pieces..

Now as far as those knees go.. you'd never know.. she runs so fast, and with such happiness on that face of hers.. she can outrun tuck and outlast him too.. but she's much calmer than he is on a day-to-day basis.. she runs, she jumps she plays and she has no signs of ever being anything but perfectly healthy. Even her sit has become normal.. her gate is still a little askew if she's walking in front of you.. she's kinda bull legged.. but other than that.. she's 100% and she's such a happy girl.

She's even started playing with other dogs on a much more consistent basis.. she loves people, but other dogs have taken some getting used to for her.. and it's been hard because her play growl and gtfo growl are both the same menacing sound.. i have to reassure people she's not going to eat their dog.

Tuck is awesome. He turns 8 this month and is my sweet, obedient dog.. my only complaint is his incessant barking when he's outside .. it drives me up a wall.. but when i yell at him to get his furry ass inside.. he prances up those stairs as quick as can be (unlike his sister who will ignore me until i drag her in).

So yeah.. they're doing great.. and it just occurred to me the other day.. Koda has finally been with me longer than she was with her original family.. so.. i guess i'll keep her =)

my view when watching the Canada v. US hockey game.. and pretty much 50 % of the time i watch tv..

http://www.twitpic.com/15wxhz/full

Did i mention cuddly? I can't move...

http://www.twitpic.com/1204fv/full

My pretty girl

http://www.twitpic.com/t8xtg/full

·
Registered
3,898 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
GREAT news all around!!! Thanks for the update. She loves her momma and is very appreciative!

·
Registered
4,425 Posts
I can't believe it's been a year already! It was a such a panic to get her there and back.. and then do the aftercare for months.. and then start all over again.. and now it seems so long ago.. wow..

·
Registered
2,348 Posts
I think Koda's Guardian Angel is very happy for your girl. I'll bet she smiles down on her, you and Tuck everyday, Kel.

·
Registered
4,425 Posts
Tucker.. aka schmoo!

=)

This pic makes me laugh.. he's got two of those rubber things in his mouth.. i have /always/ called him tucker two toys since he was a babe.. always has to pick up as many toys as he can =)

IMG00316-20091229-1&.jpg

He's in the back.. sniffing every ounce of every surface he can, as per usual..

IMG00347-20100214-1&.jpg

post play in the bush

IMG00348-20100221-2&.jpg

·
Registered
4,732 Posts
Your babies are beautiful, I love the dark tea staining on Koda's ears and your lovely "toy boy", can I just add that I think you are extremely brave having a chocolate brown couch and 2 yellow labs!!

1 - 20 of 26 Posts