Just Labradors banner

1 - 20 of 48 Posts

·
Registered
4,425 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
H'okay.. she's booked in for Thursday, May 14th and I'll pick her up on Saturday, May 16th.

The ballpark quote I got was $1400 - $1600 for the surgery.. plus about $250 for gas and tolls, based on my previous trip.. 20 hours of driving. Oh, and i guess i have to buy the little **** another ortho bed since she ate the first one at 6 weeks, the day she started feeling much better. =)

For those who so graciously offered to help, I'm not sure how else to do this except paypal.

My email address for that is [email protected]. I'd like to make this as transparent as I can, so i will be scanning in her bill for this when i drop her off, as proof of purchase, if you will =)

If you don't have paypal and want to contribute, PM me and I can send you my address.

PLEASE don't feel obliged.. i know many of you have it much rougher than I do right now and your well-wishes are just as appreciated.

For those who wish to, or for those who already have.. my utmost and sincerest thanks and gratitude for helping me help this girl. She has already brought so much joy to me (and tucker, though he won't admit it) and I'm looking forward to having her as pain-free as possible.

I hope that I can return the favour to you in the future.

kelli, tucker and princess gimpy.

** Tally ** All funds in CDN $

$1570.00

·
Registered
23,457 Posts
I wish I were in a position to help financially, but we're just not. :( I do send you and Koda lots of prayers and good wishes for a successful surgery and speedy recovery!

·
Registered
44,122 Posts
Apparently I have a paypal account, but I don't know how to use it with your email address? Never did it before. :eek:

I can't contribute much, but I'll send what I can!! She's such a special girl and was put into yours & Tucks life for a reason. :) :)

·
Registered
6,548 Posts
I'm stupid. How will it work me sending you US dollars with you being in Canada and stuff?

·
Registered
3,895 Posts
I find the easiest way to help is to call the vet directly with a credit card donation
done it many times.. (and received help for the rescues too that way)
can you pm vets name and number and your name so I can do so?

thanks

·
Registered
4,425 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Absolutely.. The place is called Fourth Line Animal Hospita in Oakville, Ontariol and the vet is Dr. Dev. I'll have to grab the number when I get home. I'm Kelli Sheppard =)

·
Registered
4,425 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
I'm excited to start her photo diary so you can all see her progress.. i'm also excited to have her as pain-free as possible so she can just be a dog.. not a dog with bad legs. Y'know?

And now that i've been through this once, i'm hoping this will be easier since i'll know what to expect... famous last words, eh?

·
Registered
8,070 Posts
I'm so glad you posted this kelli. I know you are uncomfortable asking for help, but when you rescued this little girl you had our full support and now that you know the extent of her recovery process you still have it!!

1 - 20 of 48 Posts