Just Labradors banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
4,425 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
When i feed the dogs Koda is in her crate.. she gets so excited and whines until i hand over the goods.. Monday morning brought about a nasty hacking, dry cough, gaggy thing with her whenever she whined.. this is something new.

I have an appt for her this afternoon to check it out.. i'm thinking Kennel cough, but it only happens when she whiines.. and i've never heard KC before to know for sure.. can symptoms present themselves 10 days after contracting it? I can only imagine she got it at the clinic where she had her surgery... so far Tuck hasn't shown any signs...

She also, for the first time since 4 days post-op, started limping this morning.

I know going backwards can be normal, but she didn't limp again after the inital few days of her first surgery.. os it does concern me a bit.

She may have slept on it wrong.. she may have been too much of a bouncy girl yesterday when she waits at the door for me to open it.. *bounce bounce bounce* but it can be hard to control sometimes..

Anyway.. not the best post-op day for us.. but a same-day appt is a nice surprise.

·
Registered
7,129 Posts
I think KC does have an incubation period. I hope she's OK, kelli. Let us know how the vet appt goes.

·
Registered
5,276 Posts
Hope everything turns out okay - sounds like KC

·
Registered
3,895 Posts
may also be from her isoflorine tube - that can really cause some hacking and gagging if she was out for awhile (which I'm sure she was)

poor doll and poor you - hoping she's ok soon

·
Registered
28,830 Posts
Sounds very much like KC. Which sounds like they are going to choke themselves to death. Incubation period is right for Koda to have it.

·
Registered
4,425 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
may also be from her isoflorine tube
Vet isn't sure if it was that or Kennel Cough.. so she said there could be an infection from the tube, so she'll need the antibiotics either way.. so she's on the antibiotics for either problem.. and i'll have to watch tuck.. if it's KC, it's highly contagious and he may get it too..

As far as the leg.. she's pretty sure because both legs were so bad, last time there wasn't a big difference in the pain in either leg, hence no limp.. it's actually a good sign that her first leg has healed to the point that it's probably a lot better than her second.. so for now she's back on the metacam for a while longer while it heals.

So.. no huge problems.. just more caution and rest. We're only 2 weeks in.. it's easy to forget when she's so energetic and happy.

·
Registered
4,425 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
She's slept a lot more this evening than last.. that metacam must have given her some needed relief.. she needs the rest.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts