Just Labradors banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
15,206 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Okay... so first thing I made was a dishcloth... ran out of thread early so had to redo it a smaller size...

The "ball" I wound the yarn into when I had unraveled a good portion of it to redo it...

(wow that was embarassing)

And now for a success...

BAKEDZITI!!!

This is by far one of my best dishes that I can make.

Next post for second knitting project...

·
Registered
15,206 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Ok... so this is what I'm currently working on. It's a small bag called "frilly girly dice bag" to hold my dice for D&D.

I'm a little concerned that it's curling so much... is that normal?

And... my first center-pull ball I wound myself!!!

·
Registered
10,636 Posts
I don't know anything about knitting except that I've watched my mother-in-law for years. She is really good. She makes sweaters, socks, afghans, purses, scarves...etc
Her stuff always curls like that. She says you have to "block it" when you are finished (I'm guessing that is ironing/pressing it?)
Looks like you are a fast learner and that Ziti looks awesome. Did you post your recipe in the recipe section yet?

·
Registered
44,122 Posts
I don't stitch about knitting, but I made baked ziti the other night, too! It was delic! Looks like you have, what, meat over the top?

·
Registered
7,129 Posts
I can't see pics right now but yay! I have gotten the basics and am going to look at some yarn to start working on a simple project...probably a scarf or something smaller.

·
Registered
15,206 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
oh... I use spinach enriched penne noodles (which are green)

Cause I can never find ziti noodles... and I think penne noodles have better texture.

·
Registered
44,122 Posts
Cause I can never find ziti noodles... and I think penne noodles have better texture.
Really? You can't find ziti noodles? I always use different ones each time I make it. Last time I used small shells and it was reallllllly good! I like the, what are they called, rotini? Long like the ziti noodle, but curly? :)

·
Registered
15,206 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
I know... it's weird.

I like the penne though... and pasta is pasta imo. As long as the dish has the right "structure" and stays together.

·
Registered
44,122 Posts
Oh I agree, pasta is pasta and it all tastes the same to me (even the spinach and tomato pasta), but I like getting a hunk of cheese stuck inside a shell, or spun around the curly pasta.

OK, we totally hijacked your thread. :p

·
Registered
6,548 Posts
Knitting looks so complicated to me.

·
Registered
4,802 Posts
hey Lins.

idk if you saw my post in the last thread, so i'll just repeat it.

i knit professionally and am happy to help if you ever get stuck - just drop me a PM. I recommend www.knittinghelp.com for help with different stitches - they have a video for just about everything.

Your dishcloth looks great! your stitches look nice and even. I can't quite tell from the picture what the pattern is for your dice holder, but it looks like mostly stockinette (knit one side and then purl the other on straight needles). that will curl without fail and is normal. :)

I like to recommend a hat for a beginning project. Hats are a lot of fun, make great gifts, and there are a ton of free patterns on ravelry. :)

nice work.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts