Just Labradors banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
601 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
If you've read any of my posts in LC you know I have a handful in my youngest Lab, Sam.

We've had a young cat for about two weeks and Sam will not leave her alone! She has a safe room that she stays in pretty much all the time. I put Sam up for various times through out the day and then she'll wonder around and play and stuff, but if Sam is around she gets TICKED OFF. He just wants to play I know but she DOES NOT want to play. He barks at her and acts a little scared, but if she swipes his nose he gets mad and his fur goes up and he starts barking a lot harsher like "What was that for?! I'm just trying to play!!"

Lucky loves kitties, but Sam gets the cat so worked up she doesn't want Lucky near her either, and Lucky looks at her like "Geez I just wanted to cuddel" Lucky will even pet them with her chin! :D

Any suggestions?

·
Registered
3,895 Posts
I would kep Sam tethered until he can be polite to the kitten

Sally is a MANAIC - about everything in life - she scared the kitten once and that was it - she was under control when the kitten was out ... period

now she happily ignores the kitten playing right beside her and I have caught them cnuggling on the same bed

kitten has been here 11 days

·
Registered
601 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
The cat still hates Sam, he's barking at her as I type. She adventured off into the kitchen and he's in there just barking at her and she has the most annoyed look on her face.

I feel sorry for Lucky who keeps trying to go give the kitty loves and gets a hiss and a swipe for her troubles!!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts