Just Labradors banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
3,656 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
While reading Shanna's post I thought of this story and didn't want to hijack.

One time we rented a pontoon boat. It was a little chilly and we were wearing jeans and we brought sweatshirts with.

Well, we got in the sun and it was beautiful, so I layed down and closed my eyes and Trent dozed off. Tyler said "Mom, there's a big wave, you should hold Trent." "I have him Ty" "NO MOM! It's BIG!" "Ty I have him with my leg".

THEN.........WHOOSH! The pontoon fills with water, Trent literally floats off of the seat. Trevor jumps onto a seat and screams "We're drowning!" I'm trying to figure out how I'm going to catch Trent and get to Ken with a life vest before we go under since the dear man can't swim and I really don't want to have the kids see their Dad drown. And Ken is calmly saying "Pontoons are unsinkable, relax!" Seems Ken learned the hard way that pontoons do NOT cut through waves put off by large barges. They go up,up,up, then straight down. It blew in the front aluminum on the boat.

We went back and were soaking wet, in jeans, like we had been swimming, the front of the boat is dangling off the frame. The rental man met us and you could just see his face the closer he got to the boat..."Wait" "What the hell?" He walks up scratching his beard and asks "What happened?"

Now, I should mention earlier in the ride we kind of ran into a sand bar. As Ken is explaining to the man that we hit a wave from a barge and all that happened afterward we were all just watching quietly. As soon as Ken stops talking Trevor says "And you were worried he would find out we ran into a sand bar!"

That child has been biffed so many times while in public you'd think he'd shy away from speaking, but noooooooo, he just keeps 'em coming!

The stories with him are endless, but this one has gone down in family lore.

·
Registered
786 Posts
;D Cute!
how about when your kids points out the fat man in the grocery store while shouting mom look how fat he is!

·
Registered
4,595 Posts
LOL...they can get you in trouble!

Brandon's done the one about the fat person - embarrassing.

·
Registered
6,961 Posts
btw.... feel free to hijack me anytime. I would do it for you. ;D

THAT is hysterical. Ohhhh.... I would have wanted to kill him. HAAA HAAAAAAAA :laugh:

Is Trent the oldest? There is Trent, Tyler and Trev... right?

·
Registered
3,656 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Shanna said:
btw.... feel free to hijack me anytime. I would do it for you. ;D

THAT is hysterical. Ohhhh.... I would have wanted to kill him. HAAA HAAAAAAAA :laugh:

Is Trent the oldest? There is Trent, Tyler and Trev... right?
Toby is 15, Tyler is 14, Trevor will be 12 in 2 weeks, and Trent is 5. Justin is my stepson and he is 24.
And hysterical....hmmmm, not so much. He does this allllll the time. I was hoping he would outgrow it.
No such luck. That one has gotten funnier over time, I'll admit. :D

When he was younger he told my SIL she couldn't afford her house. She said "I wonder where he heard that SONYA!" I actually kept a straight face when I said "He's a very smart boy, Jan."

I don't remember him pointing out overweight people, but God help you if you are within smelling distance and you have bad breath or BO. ::)

·
Registered
3,656 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
abpingue said:
Oh, that was funny. I can just hear him - Ow, what was that for?
OMG! You've seen us haven't you!?!? I have kicked him under the table or pinched the back of his arm to stop the flow of words and he always does that! "Ow!! Why'd you do that?!!" DOH!!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts