Just Labradors banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
1,772 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all..a question..how many use kiddy pools for their dogs? And what size is best? And do they like them?
We had one for our Rottweiler..he loved it. We'd like to get one for Dakota, we live in S.E. NC, and it gets hot and humid here. The ones I've seen are the smaller ones..I'd like one a bit deeper and a bit larger.
Anyone have pics of theirs???? I'd love to see what you use.
Thank you.. Jackie

·
Registered
13,529 Posts
Sure do!! I got mine from a garage sale, I paid $50 for it, but it's the one that is really hard plastic and will last forever. I figured I could spend 14$ a season on a kiddie pool each year, or fork out the investment at once. I've had it 4 years now, so I'm doing well!
Only thing is, Abby ate the plug out of it last year, but I fixed that by using a cork from a wine bottle.

Here's ours: (a few of us have them on here, I'm really hoping Labby posts a pic of her crew in their pool, that is my favorite pool pic ever!)

Yeller in it:

Abzilla as a pup, second day home in it:

·
Registered
73 Posts
Cheap one form wall mart. Bogey sleeps in it with his head hanging over the side. I will get some pictures this year.

·
Registered
1,772 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
OH I like that one..wish I could find it here..don't suppose you know where the original owners bought it???
Thanks for the picture..I appreciate it.
Jackie

TangerineFizz said:
Sure do!! I got mine from a garage sale, I paid $50 for it, but it's the one that is really hard plastic and will last forever. I figured I could spend 14$ a season on a kiddie pool each year, or fork out the investment at once. I've had it 4 years now, so I'm doing well!
Only thing is, Abby ate the plug out of it last year, but I fixed that by using a cork from a wine bottle.

Here's ours: (a few of us have them on here, I'm really hoping Labby posts a pic of her crew in their pool, that is my favorite pool pic ever!)

Yeller in it:

Abzilla as a pup, second day home in it:

·
Registered
10,230 Posts
We have a cheapo one here too. I'd love to get one like Laura's though. Here are some pictures of Mocha in hers

We actually got this one from my inlaws they found it in their shed when they were cleaning it out.

·
Registered
13,529 Posts
Mine's the exact same as Laura's, a 2 Step. She got hers at Toys R Us. You could check there. These pools are great.

·
Registered
2,811 Posts
AWWWWW! Lookit little baby Abzilla in the pool!(did she pee in it?) :angel: And thanks for the tip...I want one of those pools!

·
Registered
2,029 Posts
If you get a bigger one, be sure it has a plug! I had a cheap big one last year and it was a pain. Couldn't lift it to empty it, and had to bail first. BIG pain. I'm either going to get a smaller cheap one this year, or a bigger more expensive with plug. And yes, Sam loves his. Lies down in it.

Frances

·
Registered
16,472 Posts
Zoe's got the medium sized flimsy kiddie pool. It's enough for her and her friends, as Zoe usually just stands up in the water and then jumps out.

·
Registered
680 Posts
The first summer we had Jack, when he was about 1 1/2, we got him a plastic Walmart pool. He WOULD NOT get in it, but loved to drink from it. He also chewed on it and one day all the water drained out and we came home to him running around the back yard carrying the pool!! It was quite a site!

He does love to get in streams and puddles, though.

·
Registered
1,772 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Kiddy Pools/Thank You!!!!

Thanks to all who replied and or sent pictures..I want the big one with the plug..so will call Toys R Us and ask when/if they have them. Thank you very much!!!!!
Loved all the pictures... ;D Jackie

·
Registered
29,548 Posts
chocco_23 said:
Wow there are a lot of labs!! How many are there in total? Are they all yours or did you borrow some lol? ;D
No, they were all mine. I think the most I had at one time was 9.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts