Just Labradors banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
11,445 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've had this junk for years.. little tiny red spots on the backs of my upper arms.

"The cells lining the hair follicles, become sticky, and don't clear away at the normal rate, causing the hair follicle to become stopped up with a little white plug. The hair becomes trapped, and the follicle becomes red and raised."

I've gone to the dermatologist and all they do is prescribe a Urea lotion, which you can't use if you are going outside. Seems like an oxy moron, because the only time I wear t-shirts/tank tops is in the summer when I'm outside!

Anyways, does anyone have this or had it and got rid of them?

It's heritable.. my brother and cousins have it.. my mom had it but she grew out of it.

·
Registered
8,657 Posts
The women in my family have a tendency to have reddish bumps on the backs of our arms. I'm not sure if its the same thing, but probably is. I don't have nearly as many as my sis and my mom, and I attribute it to the fact that have always slathered lotion on my arms every day of my life!

·
Registered
5,276 Posts
I have it! It drives me nuts. I've tried exfoliating the crap out of my arms, super-moisturizing lotions, etc.

Now I take Vit A and it's the only thing that's worked for me. You have to be careful, since it's a fat-soluble vitamin and can have toxic effects at too high of a dose. I've also read online that it doesn't seem to work for all KP. Currently I take 10,000u per day (it also has Vit. D, although I'm not positive how much). I'd take less if I could find it, since 10,000 is the upper rec. limit but everything I find in stores seems to be 10,000. Good luck - I know how annoying it is!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts