Just Labradors banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Belle's KCN is Rhemacourts Belle, Rhemacourts being the breeders name, this is also the name that is on the certificate received. But I see some members who have different names, like for example: Puffle dog from BC (It is a terrible name, I made it up :p)
Anyway, is Belle's name not a proper KC name because it has the breeders name in it and most peoples name doesn't? Or could I have changed it? If I could of I didn't because I am a first time dog owner so I didn't know the ropes lol. ;)

(^^ That may of been a bit confusing, I wasn't sure how to explain it :-\ )

·
Registered
2,790 Posts
Rowan's registered Canadian Kennel Club name is EAGERTRIEVES GREEN WITH ENVY.

Eagertrieve - the kennel name

theme of litter - Japenese Green tea... hence I choose ENVY..... and added "GREEN WITH"...

G

·
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
So I could of changed the 'Bel' part to a different name? The name is Bel because the breeder named Belle, Bel but I didn't like the Bel so I added LE on the end to make it look like a proper name. Just wondering because as I said, new to the ropes lol.

·
Registered
9,503 Posts
Unless stated in the breeders contract, you can choose whatever AKC name you want. And then use whatever call name you want.

Aidan is Kelrobin Yellow Brick Road - Kelrobin is the breeder's kennel name...we chose the yellow brick road part, and Aidan is his call name.

Did I answer your question? or make you more confused lol

G

·
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Jaceys breeder requires you to put their kennel name in the registered name. on the other hand it was not required by the breeder that you register the dog.
Jaceys dosnt have a registered name yet. I for the life of me cant figure one out..

G

·
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
WeHeartLabs said:
Unless stated in the breeders contract, you can choose whatever AKC name you want. And then use whatever call name you want.

Aidan is Kelrobin Yellow Brick Road - Kelrobin is the breeder's kennel name...we chose the yellow brick road part, and Aidan is his call name.

Did I answer your question? or make you more confused lol
No you have helped me understand it! Thanks ;D

1 - 6 of 6 Posts