Just Labradors banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
11,362 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
He's having the "snip-snip" Monday morning. We drop him off at 7:30 a.m. and I don't know yet when we'll pick him up. I think we'll wait till hubby is off work to get him in case Remy is too groggy. He's too big for me to carry. :embarrass:

I know its done a million times every day and I'm sure he'll be fine...but this is his first major procedure and..well... I worry. So if you can...spare the kid some good thoughts...

Thank you!

UPDATE:

We'll he's home. Poor little guy. They said he did great. He is so out of it. Kind of puttering around not sure where he wants to go. I'm hoping he'll find a place to settle soon. He can eat a small dinner in about an hour and then we can give him some pain medication. (Apparently there is some swelling but I have looked at the site) Hopefully he'll stay calm tonight. We'll have to keep him on leash for the next 2 days and probably keep him and Brooklyn separated when his spirits are back.

Um....the vet gave us a photograph of Remy during surgery. Is that normal? I'm kind of creeped out by it.

·
Registered
11,446 Posts
Re: Keep Remy in your thoughts...

I'm guessing you'd probably pick him up Tuesday morning? Or maybe Monday night if they do it first thing in the morning..

Good luck to you and Remy! I'm sure he'll be up and around in no time :happy: Good thoughts for a nice and easy recovery.

·
Registered
3,895 Posts

you won't need to carry him - they'll keep him til he's awake enough to walk close to normally

you'll get through it - doesn't matter how often I have been through it I HATE SURGERY days...

hang in there

·
Registered
8,376 Posts

we didn't 'need' to carry Milly but we still did anyway :whistle: ;)

good luck Remy!! Milly sends good thought licks to her special friend :D :laugh:

·
Registered
8,752 Posts

Good thoughts incoming for Remy!

·
Registered
11,362 Posts
Discussion Starter #13

Thanks everyone. Just got back from dropping him off. They are also going to do his nails, ears and give him a flouride treatment while he's under. We'll be able to pick him up this afternoon.

How in heck are we supposed to keep him calm for 2 weeks?????

·
Registered
13,524 Posts

Good thoughts for Remy. It is hard, but I am sure that he will be fine. When Bauer had his, we dropped him off in the morning and I called at noon or so to see how he was doing. The receptionist said that he was fine, and asked that I tell my husband the same thing. Apparently, he had just left a message to find out if he was ok. :laugh: :whistle:

2 weeks? That does seem like a long time. We were supposed to keep him calm for a week, and no baths for 10 days. 1 week wasn't bad, I can't imagine 2. After a couple of days we could take him for walks, he just wasn't supposed to run, fetch, jump, etc.

·
Registered
44,122 Posts

Just seeing this now, Missy. Good thoughts and prayers for a quick recovery!

I worried sick with all of mine, too. He'll be fine though!!! :happy:

·
Registered
2,631 Posts

Good thoughts for Remy. I am sure he will do great. I know what you mean though. Diesel will be going through the same thing tomorrow and I am now starting to get nervous.

·
Registered
10,345 Posts

By the time you pick him up in the afternoon, he will be awake enough to walk. If he is like both Tal and Barney, the first thing you'll think is "Did they actually put him to sleep for this??!!" Once he gets in the car, and home, he'll be out like a light.

Good thoughts though...I'm sure he is fine and will do great. Even though I had been thru it with Tal, I still worried when Barney went thru it. Just a hazard of carin for them!

1 - 20 of 23 Posts