Just Labradors banner

1 - 20 of 49 Posts

·
Registered
4,802 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am soooo scared of tornadoes. My DH is out of town until much later this evening. I don't have much experience with tornadoes, and I know that ppl in Tornado Alley have it much worse. Anyway, there have been confirmed tornado touchdowns west of us, with the cells working this way.

I am in the basement with the dogs. They have their collars on and their leashes next to me. The TV is in the basement so I am watching what is happening on TV. Still...I am so frightened. When the tornado siren goes off, it just completely makes my heart pound...

Anyway, thanks for the company. :)

·
Registered
5,336 Posts
Awww, Jenn. :( I would be scared, too! Be safe, stay in the basement.

I will keep you company. Sending you a PM now.

·
Registered
16,679 Posts
Hey Jenn! I'm sure between all of us we can keep you company until it's safe out there :D

Got any good snacks?!

·
Registered
4,802 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Tornado warning now in my county. AKK. I would head over to a neighbor's house, but there is no way I am leaving the dogs.

·
Registered
15,206 Posts
You'll be fine... thank gawd you have TV and internet down there... if I had to go in my apartment building's basement.... well... let's just say I'd be taking my desktop down there and trying to find a plug for electricity and pick up an open wireless connection.. wouldn't be pretty.

·
Registered
10,007 Posts
Hang in there, the chance of one acually hitting you are quite slim. I've had some pretty close over the years.

·
Registered
4,802 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Thank you guys. I feel so isolated! I don't want to call anyone, because I want to be able to hear the TV. I can't go to a neighbor, because I won't leave the dogs.

I have only lived in a tornado zone for about two years, so I'm so not used to this yet.

Thank you all for sticking with me. :)

·
Registered
4,802 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
AbbyandMolly said:
Hey Jenn! I'm sure between all of us we can keep you company until it's safe out there :D

Got any good snacks?!
Snacks, huh? Hum...I have some Triskets. Will those do? Sorry, I don't have much to offer. There is some left over meatloaf. I could warm some up for, but I'd have to go upstairs. ;)

AKKKK funnel clouds over bowling green, OH.

·
Registered
16,679 Posts
sounds tasty to me.

I just snatched a peanut, peanutbutter kashi bar from downstairs...we've got lots of 'em

·
Registered
4,802 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Ender's Mom said:
You'll be fine... thank gawd you have TV and internet down there... if I had to go in my apartment building's basement.... well... let's just say I'd be taking my desktop down there and trying to find a plug for electricity and pick up an open wireless connection.. wouldn't be pretty.
yes, I am so fortunate to have a basement and that I have tv and internet. It makes it much less scary than if I was huddled in a corner somewhere.

·
Registered
4,802 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
AbbyandMolly said:
sounds tasty to me.

I just snatched a peanut, peanutbutter kashi bar from downstairs...we've got lots of 'em
Those are my favorite! I hope you brought lots. I get pretty munchy when I am frightened.

·
Registered
16,679 Posts
Momma to J and A said:
Those are my favorite! I hope you brought lots. I get pretty munchy when I am frightened.
I've got the whole box! We bought a variety pack from BJ's. I have trail mix, honey almond flax (i haven't tried them yet), and roasted almond crunch.

I always thought they would taste nasty but they're really good :D

·
Registered
10,007 Posts
I wish I'd a had a basement, TV and a connection last time I hid out from one, the mean nurse wouldn't let me watch the TV, she drug me and my IV's in ta the bathroom, left me there, only had my cell phone for entertainment. No laxative, no suppository, no enama, nothing to do but sit on the toilet and do nuthin'.

Course for all the fuss the one on radar didn't touch down and hit us. ;D

·
Registered
4,802 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
delmonico said:
I wish I'd a had a basement, TV and a connection last time I hid out from one, the mean nurse wouldn't let me watch the TV, she drug me and my IV's in ta the bathroom, left me there, only had my cell phone for entertainment. No laxative, no suppository, no enama, nothing to do but sit on the toilet and do nuthin'.

Course for all the fuss the one on radar didn't touch down and hit us. ;D
I don't how you live where you do!

1 - 20 of 49 Posts