Just Labradors banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
1,639 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am a huge fan of all of the Janet Evanovich Stephanie Plum books. I laugh myself silly at ALL of the characters. Finally a movie is in the works and they have selected Katherine Heigl to play Stephanie.
Katherine Heigl to play Stephanie Plum in 'One for the Money,' Janet Evanovich best-seller

Here is a site where people were voting as to who should play each character. I, like most, would have selected Sandra Bullock to plat Stephanie based on the character she portrayed in the Miss Congeniality movies.
Haven't heard about any other cast decisions but I hope they get Queen Latifah for Lula, that would be a perfect match.
Here is a site where people are voting for potential cast members:
Cast the Stephanie Plum movie. -- A Grupthink Topic

I would pick Tony Danza for Morelli and Antonio Banderas as Ranger. How would you fill out the cast? There are some many varied and very unique characters in the stories.

·
Registered
1,468 Posts
While I like Tony Danza and love Antonio I think they are a little old for the parts. My friends and I have been arguing this one for awhile, and we can't come to any concensus on it

I totally agree on Sandra Bullock, can't see Heigl in the role at all

·
Registered
13,489 Posts
Oh, I was waiting for this to happen. My picks were the same as yours. We've been talking about it in the office. Sandra Bullock, and Queen Latifah. This movie will be a hoot.

·
Registered
1,639 Posts
Discussion Starter #4 (Edited)
For anyone here that is not familiar with the series of books here is a typical quote from Stephanie's frequent partner Lula, an ex-prostitute, very heavy black woman who wears obnoxious clothes two sizes too small:
“I gotta clog my arteries on account of otherwise the blood rushes around too fast and I might get a dizzy spell.”
Lula, Fearless Fourteen

·
Registered
1,574 Posts
uh, isn't Tony Danza dead? I haven't read any of the books but now I am interested. I am not a Katherine Heigl fan, she just annoyed me after her rant about not being payed enough on Greys and she said she was the only good actor on that show.

·
Registered
1,639 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
uh, isn't Tony Danza dead?
Tony's alive and kicking but a tad perhaps too old for this role at 59. I just see someone like him in the role of Morelli.

I haven't read any of the books but now I am interested.
Here is a good site to preview a lot of the books. There are currently a total of 21 Stephanie Plum mysteries.
Two for the Dough - Janet Evanovich

·
Registered
4,486 Posts
I see Sandra Bullock as Stephanie a lot more than Kathryn. Actually, I see our own Kelli Canuck...I think of her every time I read one of these books. Just finished Two for the Dough last night and was LMAO at Grandma Mazur. She is my favorite character.

I think Kathryn is too "prissy" to play that part....hmmmm...almost like Meg Ryan playing it in her younger days.

·
Registered
4,486 Posts
Two for the Dough is the one where she gets the penis mailed to her. Grandma Mazur wants to go to the funeral home to see Louey ... says she has seen his penis; might as well see the rest of him. LOL

·
Registered
29,548 Posts
Tony Danza is way too old. Eddie Cibrian is who I always saw as Morelli.

Ranger is a tough one. I haven't seen anyone I picture as Ranger yet. Cloris Leachman as Grandma though.

·
Registered
1,468 Posts
Is that the guy from CSI Miami? I totally agree with him for Morelli. Ranger is tough. Too bad Estelle Getty is gone, she'd be perfect for Grandma Mazur.

·
Registered
21,715 Posts
I have really enjoyed the books- doubt I will see the movies, just don't see how they could do them justice. Love, Laura's choice for Morelli though

·
Registered
1,639 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Too bad Estelle Getty is gone, she'd be perfect for Grandma Mazur.
That would have been absolutely perfect, I agree. RIP Estelle.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts