Just Labradors banner

1 - 20 of 33 Posts

·
Registered
22,832 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well it looks like we will be bringing home our little black girl in early September. Our breeder called us today and said "Your Kate was born." It is a long story & I will just tell you, we are very happy. This is the mother of Abby. Fly, she just turned 7 and she went to the vet for her annual check up & to get spayed. I know there has been a waiting list for her puppies since last year...I know because I wanted a black female & did not get one.
Well the vet said she was in fine shape & she did not see any problems with breeding her again. This will be her last litter. The breeder drove to Maine to have her bred with the same sire as last year. I did not say anything because we did not know what would happen.
I, along with several others who were waiting, figured we would get a puppy when Ruby, the breeder's 4 year old, was bred.
Well Fly had 8 puppies today....making alot of people happy. Mom & puppies are doing well. I will only get updates for 3 weeks then I can go see them. I hope Nancy sends some pictures in the meantime.

So that's my good news for today!! :)

·
Registered
2,546 Posts
Congrats, I'm pumped for you and cannot wait to 'meet' Kate.

·
Registered
4,425 Posts
Congratulations, G!!! I know there was some disappointment last time, but it'll be worth the wait, for sure.. you'll get exactly what you wanted =)

·
Registered
44,122 Posts
Congratulations!!! I remember the disappointment the last time. :( Can't wait to meet Kate! Where did you come up with that name, by the way? Will it be Kate or Katie?
:) :)

1 - 20 of 33 Posts