Just Labradors banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
21,293 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
an automatic water bowl in the UK !

I don't want an electric bowl - just a gravity filled one like Tangerine Fizz's ( Kaz - help me here )

While I'm at it I have also been looking round for some bells that I can hang on the door handle for Dylan to ring ! Would you believe that I can't find any UK companies with a suitably sized bell ??

Thanks in anticipation

·
Registered
7,913 Posts
Good call on the links above!

If you can't find what you are looking for on the internet try your local pet shop, Colin. I work in one and providing the product exists, anything can be ordered in specially for customers.

·
Registered
4,732 Posts

·
Registered
21,293 Posts
Discussion Starter #6 (Edited)
Thank you everybody ! I suck at internet searching ! I knew Betsy would come up trumps and thanks Kate for the bell link - I've ordered two as no doubt one will be getting chewed !

I have been using a bucket for the water for years, but i have a certain black and white Tom that likes to drink out of the bucket ! If the water is running low - no problem - he stands on the rim of the bucket - backside in the air and bends head down to the water.

Problem comes when he launches himself off the bucket and I have a litre or two of water over the kitchen floor !

·
Registered
1,272 Posts
I used to use a bucket, but the water really gets stagnant, even after one day. Even with those gravity ones, you really need to be diligent about cleaning them out and changing the water.

·
Registered
1,272 Posts
Love your siggy, Colin! ;)

·
Registered
13,529 Posts
I used to use a bucket, but the water really gets stagnant, even after one day. Even with those gravity ones, you really need to be diligent about cleaning them out and changing the water.

Yep - ours gets a good scrub and soak in hot water faithfully on Saturdays - it's also never full when I do fill it up - 2/3s of the way or so, so that they get a water change every 2nd or 3rd day. Maybe it should be more, but it keeps them from tipping it over.

·
Registered
133 Posts
Lazy's has one that is a gallon size one it gets refilled ever 3rd day she drinks it all in that about of time in the summer time its every other day

·
Registered
8,472 Posts
We'e in the USA but for 6 years have used a Le Bistro water supply that looks very much like the Le Bistro food supply in the link. We're very happy with ours. The bottom part does need to be washed clean occasionally.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts